Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The dangers of social media. ( Child predator social experiment)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    This needs to be turned into a TV show, its like the opposite of To Catch a Predator.

That was my 1st thought too, I have a 7 yr old son who has his 1st tablet, thankfully he really doesn't even know how to get online yet, but it won't be long. Easily duped as by a fake account posing a girl that wants to meet him.

So.... what is the preventative measure. Obviously talking to your kids about the dangers. But it makes me believe that there is a fundamental need missing in a kid who so desperately wants attention that they would take the risk of meeting a stranger.
    Don't be so sure he doesnt! My 3 year old son was checking the radar yesterday when I said it looks like it might rain! He actually brought it over to me and showed me the radar! Before that, he was playing a Legos game we installed on our tablet for him! Time to start installing parental features!

Comment

wooooow..... so sad.

Comment

Good video for people to watch and get educated about the dangers of social media!

Comment

Here's the sickness for real.

Comment

Thanks for posting!!
            It broke my heart to see those girls fall for that. I was thinking about my kids the whole time

Comment

Technology and spoiled kids are ruining our society. And we are doing it/letting it happen. Make kids work/help out. Respect elders. Bust their *** when needed. To heck with a "time out". Life waaay too easy for KIDS these days. Heck, can't even whoop a child nowadays w/o it going viral and cps called.
              When I was a kid.... If I even raised my voice to my parents (ESPECIALLY at my Mother), my Dad would have slapped me outta my chair at the dinner table (back then we all sat down together to eat). And I knew it.
              Makes me sick seeing how some kids act these days. They don't have a clue. It's scary.

Comment

Hated to watch that....

Comment

Thanks for sharing the video . Very scary and eye opening

Comment

I saw that on the Book of Faces, that is scary stuff.

Comment

eye opening

Comment

Parents aren't the only ones that need to see this--they should sit down with their kids and watch it together.

Comment

Just another excellent reason to not let your children use social media! And another reason why a child doesn't need a smartphone.

Comment

Exactly why I don't let my kid have facebook, Instagram Twitter etc.

She's 12 and hates that all her friends have that crap but I don't care!

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                              Parents aren't the only ones that need to see this--they should sit down with their kids and watch it together.
                              Exactly

Comment

I am glad I don't have a daughter!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X