Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awesome man, congrats.

Comment

Congrats brother that is awesome, enjoy your place.

Comment

Well aint that cool, congrats

Comment

Good looking place! When you go to putting in your trials go ahead and clear a path around the perimeter so you can slip in with different winds

Comment

Am I correct in assuming you are gonna live there as opposed to being a get away? You asked about the tree farm, if you want an exemption look at a wildlife exemption.

Comment

Awesome man!!!!

Comment

Good for you! That looks like an awesome place to make lots of good memories especially since you are doing the clean up/improvement work yourself.

Good stringer too! Where were you fishin?

Comment

You must be livin right. Enjoy that place. Great for the kids.

Comment

Amen man, that is a great situation.

Comment

Congrats! Starting to take shape!

Comment

WHEW!!! man it's been a long time since I have updated this, almost didn't find it. That being said, there is some updating to do. Hopefully from here on out this thread will stay active. Truth is my tractor turned out to be too small to do what this place required. There was a 3"-5" tree every foot it seemed and it was too much for what I had. With no money and a full plate, the land has not seen a whole lot of activity. I have hunted it quite a bit, but haven't killed anything there.
                        At work one morning, my dad called and said that the neighbor called and said it looked like there could be a tree on the house after a pretty rank storm this week. He flew up there just to see how it looked from the air, and yes, there was a huge pine straight across the house. Here is that thread. I know it never shows the finished product, there will be pics shortly.

Rebuilding the camp pretty well used up my dozer funds so I was back to square one. Nothing had been done work wise since then. I have planted a food plot on the pipeline every year and got pics of some decent deer but nothing I would shoot.

The biggest problem has been, time and money. It is hard to convince the wife that you need to spend a lot of time at a place that you can't walk 15' in any direction unless you're on a pipeline. I finally got a dozer there this week. Things are about to change. Now that we can "see" some ground, there will be reason for her and the kids to join, which means more gets done. I hope.

Anyhow here are some progress pics, along with a couple up and comers.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a video of the dozer work but don't know how to upload it. Any pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by LivinADream View Post
                            I have a video of the dozer work but don't know how to upload it. Any pointers.

Uploading to YouTube and then linking to tbh would probably be the easiest route.

Comment

looking good!

Comment

Nice, I have always wanted something like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X