No announcement yet.

Need some prayers for my dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praying for your dad, you, and your whole family. We are in the EXACT same boat with my wife's father. He is at home on hospice now. We are learning to take deep breaths and lean into God.

Comment

Praise God you guys got to spend Christmas with your dad Kevin! I know how hard it can be around the holidays when loss comes at this time of year. We burried my father on Christmas Eve in 1999...

These are times that can test your faith. Kevin, you've been takin' gut punches left and right this year. I pray for strength for you sir. I pray for the fortitude and drive to be the head of your family and you can demonstrate your faith that will help the rest of the family cling to theirs. You hang in there, lean on the Lord and claim the promises He gives all of us who know Him.

Lord, we ask you to comfort this family and they endure the health issues of their loved ones. Lord if it be Your will, heal Kevin's dad. We know You can do all things. If however you choose to call him home, Lord we ask you to make that call painless and peaceful. We ask you for mercy for him and for his family. Strengthen Kevin and give him comfort. He has endured a lot in this past year, We ask You Lord to give him a great 2018. Heal his bride, and keep his son safe. Show this family that You are God. We celebrate the birth of Your Son, and we celebrate the work You are doing in this family. We pray these things in the name of Your Son Jesus Christ our Lord, Amen.

Keep us posted when you can Kev.

Comment

God bless your Dad and family. Prayers sent for all.

Comment

God Bless you and your family

Comment

Prayers out to you guys. I hope you can get the opportunity to spend some quality time with him. Tough times.

Comment

Prayers sent for your Dad and your family!

Comment

Prayers up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I came to Hallettsville last night to be with my dad and stepmom. I laid down at about 11. SM woke me up at midnight saying dad wanted to go to the ER, due to the pain. After deciding that we might not safely get him to her car, she called for an ambulance.

We got to the ER at 12.30. They had to do a battery of tests before they could do anything. He finally got some pain meds at about 2am, which gave him some relief, but not much. He got more meds for the next few hours. They admitted him at about 6.30 this morning.

SM and I went home for a little sleep. She got about 1.5 hours, I got about 3.

They've kept dad comfortable with fluids, antibiotics and pain killers. He got more rest today than he's got in the last 2 weeks.

He's sleeping now, and not in much pain. At some point they'll release him from the doctor's care and into Hospice care. He's just a shell of the man he was a year ago.

Tina brought Konnor up here to see him today. That brightened his day.

From here, it's a slow, miserable waiting game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang bud, ya'll have had a tough year. Prayers up and let us know if there's anything we can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      I came to Hallettsville last night to be with my dad and stepmom. I laid down at about 11. SM woke me up at midnight saying dad wanted to go to the ER, due to the pain. After deciding that we might not safely get him to her car, she called for an ambulance.

We got to the ER at 12.30. They had to do a battery of tests before they could do anything. He finally got some pain meds at about 2am, which gave him some relief, but not much. He got more meds for the next few hours. They admitted him at about 6.30 this morning.

SM and I went home for a little sleep. She got about 1.5 hours, I got about 3.

They've kept dad comfortable with fluids, antibiotics and pain killers. He got more rest today than he's got in the last 2 weeks.

He's sleeping now, and not in much pain. At some point they'll release him from the doctor's care and into Hospice care. He's just a shell of the man he was a year ago.

Tina brought Konnor up here to see him today. That brightened his day.

From here, it's a slow, miserable waiting game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                      Very sorry Kevin....prayers up for all of you.

Comment

Kevin, I'm so sorry your dad is going through this. I'm praying for him to be pain free and to have peace.

Comment

Prayers for your Dad and you and your family.

Comment

Kevin, just seeing this. So sorry bud. Sending prayers for your dad, you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for your Father, You and Your Family!

Comment

Prayers for you and the family.

Comment

Working...
                                X