Memorial Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memorial Day

In honor of those who have fallen...please remember. Thank you to all that have served our country. Cheers!
    Fred
    Attached Files

Lord knows it aint a 3-day weekend because of bar-b-que! God Bless the families that were left behind.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	090525_Memorial_Day_7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	24380807 Thank you from our family. Bless all who have served, thier families, thier sacrifices, and the heros, gone but never forgotten.

Comment

Amen!!! Not in the pic but my Dad received the purple heart in WWII. God bless the greatest generation. He also declined using the VA clinic free of charge.
        Last edited by doghouse; 05-21-2015, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Sadly I feel the real reason for Memorial Day is becoming more obscure each year . It`s not being taught or observed in most schools anymore and even the day , May 30 , which is and always will be the day to honor and remember those fallen soldiers ( at least for me ), is being replaced with a government mandate for a long weekend so people can get drunk a extra day or BBQ and party or have big sales on furniture . I am amazed at young adults who can`t say what the day is for . I`m not against BBQ`s or even indulging in a cool beverage or even several nor am I saying this pertains to anyone here on the GS , but it is becoming more commonplace , and that makes me sad . Everyone be safe and have fun and enjoy the long weekend .

Comment

Originally posted by ldoyle View Post
            Sadly I feel the real reason for Memorial Day is becoming more obscure each year . It`s not being taught or observed in most schools anymore and even the day , May 30 , which is and always will be the day to honor and remember those fallen soldiers ( at least for me ), is being replaced with a government mandate for a long weekend so people can get drunk a extra day or BBQ and party or have big sales on furniture . I am amazed at young adults who can`t say what the day is for . I`m not against BBQ`s or even indulging in a cool beverage or even several nor am I saying this pertains to anyone here on the GS , but it is becoming more commonplace , and that makes me sad . Everyone be safe and have fun and enjoy the long weekend .
            nothing wrong with your post sir........I can relate and agree!

Comment

I want to pass on a huge thank you to all of the veterans on here. I cannot imagine what you have given up in your life so I may live free. And I am truly sorry for those of your who have lost loved ones, friends, spouses, sons, daughters, brothers and sisters.

I wish that those words could show just how much I appreciate being an American.

Comment

GOD BLESS & AMEN!

SEMPER PARATUS!

Comment

Just took a moment to give thanks for those who keep this country safe. Thank you, all of our men and women of the armed forces. For those passed - you'll never be forgotten!

Comment

God Bless All the Heroes!

Comment

Comment

May we never forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

Comment

Amen.....

Also don't get Memorial day mixed up with Veterans day. I know a few Veterans that kind of get upset a little when everyone starts thanking them on Memorial day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoreman View Post
                            May we never forget those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
                            x2

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                              Amen.....

Also don't get Memorial day mixed up with Veterans day. I know a few Veterans that kind of get upset a little when everyone starts thanking them on Memorial day.
                              Agreed. Most just go with the flow. Memorial Day is for those who" Cashed the Checks in the line of duty". For me and mine, after church we will make our way to the local cemeteries to give thanks. The to Dallas to see an old friend and brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X