No announcement yet.

2015 Hagerman Archery Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have sworn WCB said he had three points going in. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
      All 3 pointers that put in got drawn (22), lost their points if didn't, which should be around 10-12 people. If read right, most all 2 pointers that put in drew except for those that applied with buddy with less points (105). There were ~310 people with 1 point going in but only ~153 applied. 29 were selected in first draw, no telling how many during the second draw.

So depending on how many kill does and hogs this year... is my math correct that all 2 pointers next year are pretty much going to get a guarantee?
      That is how i figured it. Guesstimating somewhere in the range of 110ish cards w/ 1pt not drawn this year. Certainly some of those represent 2 individuals (cards w/ buddies on them), but not sure how to guesstimate that total number of 2pt'ers into next years draw. Supposing it is 150ish and they all apply and there are about 30 golden tickets, it is a virtual lock.

Comment

Has anyone heard what the error message they posted? They say they will repost the list.

Comment

I got C. Had 1 point

Comment

Well as expected I was on the list drawn for B with 3 points.

However, I got 4 emails from Gayle, first to arrive said congrats, next 3 said I did not draw. Have to call Gayle tomorrow and find out what that is about (7:35, 7:43, 7:44 and 7:47)

Also curious if the units closed to hunting are open to the public during the hunts. Dad said something about going with me on B hunt and checking out the closed units for future hunts. Told him I didn't think they would allow it but I am going to ask when I talk to Gayle

Comment

First time to ever put in and got drawn-this confusion on their part has me nervous

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Well as expected I was on the list drawn for B with 3 points.

However, I got 4 emails from Gayle, first to arrive said congrats, next 3 said I did not draw. Have to call Gayle tomorrow and find out what that is about (7:35, 7:43, 7:44 and 7:47)

Also curious if the units closed to hunting are open to the public during the hunts. Dad said something about going with me on B hunt and checking out the closed units for future hunts. Told him I didn't think they would allow it but I am going to ask when I talk to Gayle
                The other 3 units are open for the public. So he can go hiking, photography, or scout in those areas.

Comment

I don't know if its "allowed" but when we went there were people in closed units and even some in the hunt units. I don't think its regulated too much. Mainly vehicle traffic, but did see people on foot in non hunt areas.

Comment

wcb should have had 3 pts. i hunted with him and oscar the year he killed his big buck and i had 3 pts. did not draw in 13/ 1pt, did not draw in 14/2nd pt. applied this yr. 3rd pt./drawn

Comment

Rumbanator, you didn't have 3 points, you only had 2 points. My 3 points came from 2012, 2013, and 2014.

Comment

Seg B Here had 2 Points

Comment

Congrats to all that got drawn! Enjoy it. You guys will have a blast! The H is a dynamic place. Hard huntin' but worth the payoff.

I would suggest getting a mountain bike. Big area with lots of ground to cover. All places accessible by foot will be covered. Trust me.

Bring ur lunch and don't even think about getting out of the stand unless you're tracking. Most of us was in the stand from sun up to sun down. I saw deer moving at all hours during the day.

Have fun and I hope everyone one of you stick a P&Y!

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                            Congrats to all that got drawn! Enjoy it. You guys will have a blast! The H is a dynamic place. Hard huntin' but worth the payoff.

I would suggest getting a mountain bike. Big area with lots of ground to cover. All places accessible by foot will be covered. Trust me.

Bring ur lunch and don't even think about getting out of the stand unless you're tracking. Most of us was in the stand from sun up to sun down. I saw deer moving at all hours during the day.

Have fun and I hope everyone one of you stick a P&Y!

Did you have some kind of game trailer hooked to the bike? If you did, do you have pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                              Did you have some kind of game trailer hooked to the bike? If you did, do you have pics?
                              Here's my get up for "H".

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post

I only used a bike for scouting. Forgot it for the hunt, so it was a 3 mile round trip hump everyday.

Kurt has the right ideal, although you can use those kid pull behind trailers for bikes. They already have a hookup attachment for your seat. Craigslist is flooded with them.

Comment

Working...
                                X