Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdg13 View Post
    Fiancee pulled out her camping stuff and has a Model 290 Powerhouse from the 80's. Needs a new pump but in great shape otherwise. She also has an older propane one but those aren't near as fun

290’s are strong lanterns nice to have in camp

Comment

My wife and I were dropping off some recycle at the Waste Management center in town yesterday. She spotted this stove in the metal bin. It's a model 425F. I cleaned it up a little today. I tried to light it and it was just burning with a tall yellow flame. I took the main burner off and blew out the fuel/air tube. I emptied the fuel tank and strained the fuel thru a coffee filter. I refilled the tank and it fired up with a perfect blue flame. I made some coffee out in the shop. The stove has not been taken care of, but I don't think it had been fired over a couple of times. This will make 5 stoves in my Coleman collection.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
        My wife and I were dropping off some recycle at the Waste Management center in town yesterday. She spotted this stove in the metal bin. It's a model 425F. I cleaned it up a little today. I tried to light it and it was just burning with a tall yellow flame. I took the main burner off and blew out the fuel/air tube. I emptied the fuel tank and strained the fuel thru a coffee filter. I refilled the tank and it fired up with a perfect blue flame. I made some coffee out in the shop. The stove has not been taken care of, but I don't think it had been fired over a couple of times. This will make 5 stoves in my Coleman collection.

Did you find a date on it? I love the sound of those old Coleman’s burning.

Comment

I still have my dad's somewhere. If I close my eyes I can still see him pumping that thing up. I probably ate a few thousand eggs and a couple 100 lbs of bacon cooked on that thing. Good memories

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

About time you got back in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
              About time you got back in the game.
              Like I really need more stoves and lanterns.

Comment

Like I really need more stoves and lanterns.

Right but you know you like finding them.

Comment

Watching The Last of Us and could not help but notice Coleman lanterns being used. Even one scene was Coleman 425 stove with a propane tank.

Comment

We don't have power, so I've used lanterns at the lease for 20 years. I love the sound of them at night and only take the generator if the wife is going. When the younger guys are there,I have to listen to they're generators run almost continuously.

Comment

Put a new pump in the 290 and it fired up. Won't completely turn off. New fuel pickup with schrader is on the way. This one was made in 91 so not super old.

Comment

I've carried those red lanterns many miles as a younger man while flounder gigging.I need to get the grandson out to experience gigging before the state takes it away.

Comment

Love the red 200 A’s. Single mantle lanterns are the best next to the Big Hat 228’s

Comment

If anyone has or comes across a propane 3 burner stove , model 5428, please let me know. I have a gas 3 burner and others. Just want a big propane model. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                              If anyone has or comes across a propane 3 burner stove , model 5428, please let me know. I have a gas 3 burner and others. Just want a big propane model. Thanks

Check FB market please in Weatherford. 3 burner converted to propane

Comment

Scored a 3 burner for $8 this morning

Needs a thorough cleaning but otherwise not in bad shape

D 73 = April 1973?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8189.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	24711293

Name:	IMG_8190.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	24711294