Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Team Porkchop View Post
    Here is a 200a that I picked up with a 413g and a couple 425e's for $35! The lantern came in a yellow case as well

And 413's are my favorite stoves. I've got a few in perfect condition.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
      That is great looking lantern!!!
      I got it cleaned up and new mantles. It fires up great but im losing pressure through the fuel fill cap. Where is the best place to buy o-rings?

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
        I got it cleaned up and new mantles. It fires up great but im losing pressure through the fuel fill cap. Where is the best place to buy o-rings?

EBay or old Coleman parts.com

I just read that Coleman is closing the last service center for their products. Pretty sad.

Comment

If you can't parts locally, go here. All things Coleman and a great source of info.

Comment

thanks guys. I guess I could also just go to a parts store and find one, nothing technical about a rubber ring i reckon.

Comment

I'm assuming this line should be clear correct? Mine is completely stopped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

On this one I can hear gas when I turn the knob a 1/4 turn but nothing happens. Where do I start?

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post

On this one I can hear gas when I turn the knob a 1/4 turn but nothing happens. Where do I start?

If you are hearing air/gas mixture coming thru the generator then open the valve more. It should light. Keep a flame going inside the globe while you do this. You don't want to get a build up of fuel inside the globe. Also try taking the globe off and lighting it without the globe in place. You can tell more about what is going on with the fuel/air mixture.

If the above fails to get results you probably need a new generator.

Comment

thanks guys. I guess I could also just go to a parts store and find one, nothing technical about a rubber ring i reckon.
                    That lantern has a 3 piece cap. Cap, screw and brass insert.

Remove the screw and take out the brass insert that holds the O ring. You will need to heat the insert with a propane torch and burn the O ring out. Just place it on a steel plate or something that wont burn and heat it up. Then you can take a screw driver or ice pick and remove the burnt O ring. Clean it out good and install the new O ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                      Ok Coleman fanatics I have an honest question....
                      What is the holy grail of Colemans I should be keeping an eye out for??
                      For me......200A Black Band

Made only in 1952 and half of 1953. Pretty rare lantern. I have got one thanks to 2050z. He told me about one about a year ago. I went and picked it up for $35.00. Brought it home, did a little work on it and it fired right up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151228_174010 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24477588

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151231_165517 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24477589

Comment

Yep I want a black band

Comment

Have always wanted to try one. Was 60% off at Academy so I couldn't resist.

Some beer bread (found some use for the beer in the pack I don't drink)

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

BOOM!

Comment

Slightly burned the bottoms. They cooked faster than in an oven at the same temp. Went back and realized I should have had it on the middle rack setting. Will try again soon.

Comment

I have one as well and it really comes in handy.

Comment

Working...
                                X