Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
    How many three burners did y'all have at elk camp ??
    Just two.
    Technically Mike's three burner was a two burner until Marty and I fixed it.

There other stoves were 413 two burners.

Comment

Picked up a good to great condition 413G

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
        Just two.
        Technically Mike's three burner was a two burner until Marty and I fixed it.

There other stoves were 413 two burners.
        It is a 3 burner......just couldn't turn one of the burners off.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
          How many three burners did y'all have at elk camp ??
          We had 4 stoves and 6 or 7 lanterns. When you are camped at 9500 ft. your Coleman lanterns and stoves burn differently than they do here in Texas. If you have a minor problem here it is likely to be a big problem in the mountains. It is best to have some back ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
            It is a 3 burner......just couldn't turn one of the burners off.
            I will bet you a rib dinner that you never fixed that valve! LOL

Better have it done before we go back up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              We had 4 stoves and 6 or 7 lanterns. When you are camped at 9500 ft. your Coleman lanterns and stoves burn differently than they do here in Texas. If you have a minor problem here it is likely to be a big problem in the mountains. It is best to have some back ups.
              Best advice right there.

out of three lanterns I brought my 1941 was the only one that worked. Got home and the other two worked just fine. Could never get them to run up there.

Comment

I got this old stove from a TBH'er who found it in the trash.
                It's simple restore. Clean everything. I am not going to paint it, but it will be fully functional. Some old Coleman stove just need to be used the way they look because to me it's part of the stove history.

The chrome grill is starting to shine again. Soaking all the parts and cleaning out the rust inside the fuel tank. Fuel cap needed a new gasket, so I replaced it.
                Hey, that one looks familiar. Glad it made its trip "home" with the TBH Express by Scott.

Comment

Originally posted by venado View Post
                  Hey, that one looks familiar. Glad it made its trip "home" with the TBH Express by Scott.

both of you = TBH good guys!!!!!

This stove will live again. Soaking the rust away on the internal parts and the fuel tank. Should be ready to go in the next day or so.

Comment

I'm trying to get a start on that tool Timmy. Be patient my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                      I'm trying to get a start on that tool Timmy. Be patient my friend.
                      huge thanks.

Comment

Anyone know what size threads go through the center? I believe they made 2 different sizes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	05004104eab130ae67dfc210a52f10b7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	24440930

Comment

1938 Model 395

If any of y'all are interested I know where one like this (not restored) is sitting in a flea market. Asking price $35

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                            If any of y'all are interested I know where one like this (not restored) is sitting in a flea market. Asking price $35
                            I've never seen one before. Pretty cool

Comment

I got this old stove from a TBH'er who found it in the trash.
                              It's simple restore. Clean everything. I am not going to paint it, but it will be fully functional. Some old Coleman stove just need to be used the way they look because to me it's part of the stove history.

The chrome grill is starting to shine again. Soaking all the parts and cleaning out the rust inside the fuel tank. Fuel cap needed a new gasket, so I replaced it.
                              All three burners are glowing and the tank holds pressure like a brand new tank. This old stove was a mess. Nice to see it back in action.
                              Attached Files

Comment

The stove I got was the same way... Just a good cleaning, burned like new.

Wish I had the same luck with the lanterns... I can't any of them to glow.

Comment

Working...
                                X