Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
    Here's the box I built for the lantern my dad gave me several years ago. It's funny how the older you get the more you appreciate and want to take care of the things your elders pass down to you!

I will make a few boxes for mine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
      What did you find?

A box to fit another box in.

Should be there monday or Wednesday.

Comment

I have two 220K. One I bought new in '82 and is marked such, I guess. Have a red and black carry case I got for it shortly after. The other a '81, was given to me by an old fishing/hunting buddy before he moved up north. He made a wooden carry case much like the one Shake-n-bake has above. I've also got a 425D stove from the (x)inlaws back in the '80s, Not sure on the date of it. But used to carry it duck hunting with me the most before I got my first Mr. Heater Cooker/Heater back about '90 or so.
        Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-27-2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

This thread is really making me want to go camping! Nice gear everybody

Comment

Originally posted by LonestarGent View Post
            This thread is really making me want to go camping! Nice gear everybody
            Break out the gear and go have some fun.

Comment

1948 228D is alive

Imagine all the stories it could tell.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                A box to fit another box in.

Should be there monday or Wednesday.
                Got it and huge thanks.

Comment

Just be sure and give it some wd-40 on the hinge points.

These looked like they have not been used.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                    Just be sure and give it some wd-40 on the hinge points.

These looked like they have not been used.
                    Will do and these look very clean.

Comment

Well, after some cussin, a little discussin, and searching for the right tools, I finally got the check valve out... And new one installed.

Unless it fell in the tank, there was no O-ring on the old one. Try to pump it up, and won't build any pressure. Put a new cap on tank, and still won't build pressure.

Looks like I will have to take it apart, and see what I can see.

Comment

Make sure the o ring is not still in the pump well. Also, check the o ring on the fuel cap. It might need to be replaced. Quick test. take cap off. put thumb over the hole. Try to pump it up. remove thumb and see if there was any pressure.

Comment

I bought this off of another thread and it's my first Coleman purchase. How do I date it? Also what is the easiest way to remove the old fuel from the tank? It smells like its bad. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456865824.347761.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	24432998

Comment

look on the fuel tank tabs for some numbers and check the bottom of the case for numbers as well. that's a clean 425E

I dump mine into a glass jar and then use that fuel when I make a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                              look on the fuel tank tabs for some numbers and check the bottom of the case for numbers as well. that's a clean 425E

I dump mine into a glass jar and then use that fuel when I make a fire.

Ok I will check! It's super clean and couldn't have been used more than a few times.

The tank is pretty full. I guess I'm just going to have to be patient in getting the old fuel out, it's slow going.

Comment

Sometimes you can just burn off the old fuel and then let the tank dry out.

Comment

Working...
                                X