Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
    I have 286a that Mike and I could not get the check valve out. Hope we can save this lantern. There is a guy who make a removal tool. Wants like 30 for it.
    I am hoping that since it is a new item, that it hasn't crusted/rusted in place. If I can't get it to budge, I'll ask for a whole new tank assembly. She actually gave me that option (sans generator and fuel valve, etc.) but I opted for the check valve since they could ship it without a picture of the stove, etc. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
      I have 286a that Mike and I could not get the check valve out. Hope we can save this lantern. There is a guy who make a removal tool. Wants like 30 for it.
      If you knew someone that was a machinist, he could probably make one with a couple of pics and dimensions. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltgrass Mikerr View Post
        Let there be light ! and Coleman said " no problem"

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          If you knew someone that was a machinist, he could probably make one with a couple of pics and dimensions. Just sayin.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here ya go brother

Comment

Pretty cool tool, I just used a big ol' screwdriver; but I think I could whip one of these up in a couple of hours.

I'll put it on the to-do list right now...

Comment

We tried big ole screw driver and liquid wrench soaking and the brass valve started to give out.

Comment

Timm, i sent you a pm.

Comment

Nice talking to you Alan and thanks for the gift.

Comment

You are welcome.
                    Thank you for the guidance.

I got the stove cleaned out, you were right about dirt dobbers.

On the 220F , do I need any special tool to remove the check valve? I have a new one coming, but unsure how to remove the old one.

Comment

Some require a special tool some do not. Post up pictures of the stove.
                      Last edited by 2050z; 02-10-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Some require a special tool some do not

Comment

Other than a good sponge bath to clean the dust off, this stove has not been used very much. Just some surface rust, no grease.

Very pleased with everything I bought.

Comment

This is the only spot on all three 220F...

Stamped 6 of 72. Still in amazing shape.

Comment

Nice Jan of 71 three burner!!!! Soak all those parts in Metal Rescue and put it back together. That stove will serve you well. I think you should cook on it this weekend.

You can get a couple of washers or new ventilator if the rust gets too bad Other than that you got some nice Coleman gear

Comment

That really is a nice 220F. Will burn super bright.
                                Last edited by 2050z; 02-11-2016, 08:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X