Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
    yep that is the original glass. Any rust around the ventilator nut?

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
      That is the generator tub and where the lantern pulls in air to mix with the fuel. The rust does not look bad. Easy to clean off. You unscrewed the nut to look inside. Any rust on the hood/ventilator?

Comment

Doh! I knew that Was a long week at the lease.

Yes, it has light rust/tarnish, but I thought it was in real good shape. The hood only has a touch of rust on the underside near the rim. Same as the fuel reservoir.

That is the generator tub and where the lantern pulls in air to mix with the fuel. The rust does not look bad. Easy to clean off. You unscrewed the nut to look inside. Any rust on the hood/ventilator?

Comment

And see then I take a picture of the nut!

Here is "around the nut"

Comment

That is good/great condition ventilator.

Comment

Fired Up the 200A Black Band

The 62 year and 10 month old 200A Black Band burns again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20151228_174010 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	24423528

Name:	20151229_113136 (Small).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	24423529

Name:	20151231_165517 (Small).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	24423530

Comment

Great lantern Mike. Now I want one.

Comment

Mike and Timm................... Y'all have a serious problem!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                    Mike and Timm................... Y'all have a serious problem!
                    Mike started it!!! LOL

The black bands are very rare and worthy of collecting.

If you think we have a problem you should meet a couple of the serious collectors. 1000's of lanterns, stoves, heaters, stands, ice chest and water jugs.

I picked up a 1960's model Coleman stove stand and mint condition water jug. i was not after it. I wanted a family sized tent and he just added to the sale.
                    Last edited by 2050z; 01-01-2016, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Mike started it!!! LOL

The black bands are very rare and worthy of collecting.

If you think we have a problem you should meet a couple of the serious collectors. 1000's of lanterns, stoves, heaters, stands, ice chest and water jugs.

I picked up a 1960's model Coleman stove stand and mint condition water jug. i was not after it. I wanted a family sized tent and he just added to the sale.
                      Nice!
                      Yeah that Smith guy will get ya in trouble.

Comment

Birth Lantern glowing again.

The leak was not the valve. It was coming down the air tube and generator. Not sure if it was a clogged mixing chamber or what, but I blew it out, reassembled and it is working as good as the month I was born!

Comment

Birth Lantern glowing again.

The leak was not the valve. It was coming down the air tube and generator. Not sure if it was a clogged mixing chamber or what, but I blew it out, reassembled and it is working as good as the month I was born!
                          Well done!!! You are now certified to work on all 220 series lanterns. LOL

Comment

Hahaha! I have a beaten up 5/73 220H lantern somebody gave me that glows yellow. Figured it was cobwebs... but now I am pretty sure it is the generator. Will order a couple 220 generators.

Comment

Hahaha! I have a beaten up 5/73 220H lantern somebody gave me that glows yellow. Figured it was cobwebs... but now I am pretty sure it is the generator. Will order a couple 220 generators.

new generators make most lanterns hiss again.

Comment

Bummer! Lost a piece of paint while running the birth lantern today.

On the bright side, I did get the 220H glowing again with a new generator and globe. This will be my lease lantern.

Both the 220s running

Now searching for a 424/5 stove for the lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X