Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do now. I bet my 502 stove will fit.

Comment

It even snaps in. I didn't know until I was getting off the shelf and noticed the folgers canister on the shelf above it was the same size. I had been trying to figure out a case for the stove for years... just happened to bring the folgers container home from a cub scout campout.

Comment

Way cheaper than and actual stove case.

Comment

Today is my birthday. I was born in 1953. My buddy Timm Getts located a 1953 200A black band. He told me about and said "Go get it". Well I did and its about as perfect as it gets. 62 years and ten months old (2-53). It has fuel in and it pumps up and holds pressure. I opened the valve and it sounds good. I am going to put some fresh fuel in it, put a mantle on it and see if it will light. The ventilator is perfect, the globe is perfect, the black band frame rest is perfect, the font has one very small paint chip. The decal is showing its age but is intact. I am not going to refinish this one. I am just going to polish the font with some polishing compound and call it good.

Timm and I met thru bow hunter education. I taught his bow hunter ed class. We became friends. He became a bow hunter ed instructor and somewhere along the way we found out we both collected old Coleman stuff.

Thanks Timm !! This is a great birthday present !!

Comment

Coleman 200A black band. Made in February 1953.

Comment

Congrats

Didn't know they made a black band and would have guessed someone painted it

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                Congrats

Didn't know they made a black band and would have guessed someone painted it
                The black bands were only made for a couple of years in the early 1950s. I have seen 1952 models and 1953 models. Coleman stopped making the blaxk bands in the summer of 1953.

Comment

That's nice Mike! And Happy Birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                    Today is my birthday. I was born in 1953. My buddy Timm Getts located a 1953 200A black band. He told me about and said "Go get it". Well I did and its about as perfect as it gets. 62 years and ten months old (2-53). It has fuel in and it pumps up and holds pressure. I opened the valve and it sounds good. I am going to put some fresh fuel in it, put a mantle on it and see if it will light. The ventilator is perfect, the globe is perfect, the black band frame rest is perfect, the font has one very small paint chip. The decal is showing its age but is intact. I am not going to refinish this one. I am just going to polish the font with some polishing compound and call it good.

Timm and I met thru bow hunter education. I taught his bow hunter ed class. We became friends. He became a bow hunter ed instructor and somewhere along the way we found out we both collected old Coleman stuff.

Thanks Timm !! This is a great birthday present !!
                    Glad you were able to pick it up and walk out there with it. Cannot wait to see that one glowing and hissing.

Comment

My birth month Lantern was waiting at the door when I got home from the lease today!

Comment

Great looking lantern!!!! How's the old stove look? 220J?

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                          Great looking lantern!!!! How's the old stove look? 220J?
                          So it has a leak around the valve. She knew that but I need to break it down and diagnose. Yep 220J.

You want me to send pics of the stove? I put it up in the garage, can take some pics in better light tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                            So it has a leak around the valve. She knew that but I need to break it down and diagnose. Yep 220J.

You want me to send pics of the stove? I put it up in the garage, can take some pics in better light tomorrow.

that should be pretty simple to fix. It's a good looking lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                              that should be pretty simple to fix. It's a good looking lantern.
                              It was an ebay/estate and yeah... it looks great. I was very happy. Looks like original glass.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                                It was an ebay/estate and yeah... it looks great. I was very happy. Looks like original glass.
                                yep that is the original glass. Any rust around the ventilator nut?

Comment

Working...
                                X