Coleman treasures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never did find a model number.

When I was a kid we did a lot camping and fishing and this lantern hung from an over head bracket on the john boat. As I am pulling the trout-line up a gar got one tooth on my hand and I jumped back...rocking the boat....pitching the lantern into the lake.

That lantern burned all the way to the bottom and continued burning for 15-20 seconds.

Took us a looong time trying to snag it but we finally fished it out.

Comment

Where to look
      Attached Files

Comment

How much would one of the heaters be worth if it worked? Found one for $10 but it looked a little rough. The guy said it works.

Comment

Always depends on the collector who wants it. 20 to 30 for used heaters. Mint and never used maybe a little more. I have one heater and will probably never sell it. It's rough looking, but it was barely used. I've fired it up a few times since I bought and it works great.
          Last edited by 2050z; 11-22-2015, 09:07 PM.

Comment

So $10 for a working heater would be worth it. Will have to to back and get it and fix it up. Got a couple of old lanterns in the barn. Don't even know what they are but will have to dig them out. Also have a Coleman lantern and two burner stove but they aren't that old. Maybe '80s but they work great.

Comment

Yes a 10 dollar working heater is worth it. Get them out and restore them. Should last you a long time

Comment

Timm, this is all wally world had at 4:30 in the morn...

The heater held all 32 oz. it was reddish- pink color.

Is it good to burn??

Comment

I've never used it before, but it appears to be compatible. Give it a try. Academy has camp fuel which is same a Coleman fuel

Comment

Wellll, looky what I found.

A little worse for wear, but good lord this thing has cooked Many a good meal around Lake Whitney over the years.

Tim, is it worth a refurb?? Or should I try and fire it up as is??

Have not used it in years.

Comment

Yes it is!!! I took one that was worse than that and restored it. Sanded, primed, and painted the case. Soak the parts. Soak the inside of the fuel tank and clean the generator

Comment

Look in DIY section. We have done a few restores over there

Comment

I think I will start with a good bath, with dawn and a sponge... Then try some fresh fuel, and see if it fire up.

Comment

That will work. [emoji106]

Comment

Tearing down another lantern. This is nice 4 - 1963 220E. Pumps up fine, but has a leak around the valve. I need to get the frame and frame rest collar off the to see where it is leaking. I am going to clean all the brass, stretch the spring in fuel and air tube, clean up the frame and possibly replace the generator. I am then going to sand, prime, paint, clear coat, and bake the paint. I am also going to apply a new date correct decal. I will post more pics as it progresses.

Comment

Nice! Where did you get this one?

Comment

Working...
                                X