X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
    What’s your trick?
    Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
    Curious as well, I haven’t been able to get them that clear.
    So I tried all kinds of stuff. Boiled water, distilled water, freeze in a cooler, etc. The cooler method works, but then you have to carve it. PITA. Broke down and bought one of these little guys. Works amazing. Fill it with hot water, and 24 hours later it’s crystal clear.

Comment

? for the true Bourbon guys.

In one of the pics above with the Angel's Envy bottle, it says Kentucky straight Bourbon Whiskey, finished in Port wine barrel. According to what I have seen, by law to be called Straight Bourbon Whiskey, it has to be aged in it's own new barrel Is finished and aged something different?

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

In one of the pics above with the Angel's Envy bottle, it says Kentucky straight Bourbon Whiskey, finished in Port wine barrel. According to what I have seen, by law to be called Straight Bourbon Whiskey, it has to be aged in it's own new barrel Is finished and aged something different?
        Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post

My understanding...
          Its aged in the new charred barrel and then after its aged the desired amount, its placed in another barrel to "finish" and aged for another period of time.

Comment

I have been following this thread, bought a few that y'all talk about. Elijah Craig, Basil Hayden, Jefferson and Four Roses. The EC and BH I finished off. I have a half bottle of Jefferson left and only took a sampling of the Four Roses.

Honestly, I still like Rebecca Creek. Now I have a bottle of Alamo Craft Whiskey that I have pulled a few samples off of that is not bad. Makers 46 is waiting to be opened. I will try a few more to see what else I like so keep on posting.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
              I have been following this thread, bought a few that y'all talk about. Elijah Craig, Basil Hayden, Jefferson and Four Roses. The EC and BH I finished off. I have a half bottle of Jefferson left and only took a sampling of the Four Roses.

Honestly, I still like Rebecca Creek. Now I have a bottle of Alamo Craft Whiskey that I have pulled a few samples off of that is not bad. Makers 46 is waiting to be opened. I will try a few more to see what else I like so keep on posting.
              Of a mentioned the 46gets my vote

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post

Work was a rough one today so had some EC, out of your list EC and Makers46 are my favorites but I haven’t had many of the jeffersons versions.

Rebecca Creek is a good mixing whiskey to me. One of the things I love about whisk(e)y/bourbon is everyone has their own tastes. Luckily as much as i like a couple high dollars pours, most of my favorites come in under $30 a bottle

Comment

Traveling for work gets old, but every once and a while a trip is pays off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    Traveling for work gets old, but every once and a while a trip is pays off.

Nice haul. Most of the stores around here are 1 per customer, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy more if they allowed me to. I am down to my last Blanton's.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                      So I tried all kinds of stuff. Boiled water, distilled water, freeze in a cooler, etc. The cooler method works, but then you have to carve it. PITA. Broke down and bought one of these little guys. Works amazing. Fill it with hot water, and 24 hours later it’s crystal clear.

https://www.amazon.com/OnTheRocks-Cr.../dp/B075DLBHBJ

Regular tap water?

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                        Regular tap water?

Yessir. Regular ole hot tap water.

Comment

Another bottle

Comment

Directional freezing pushes the clouds to the bottom. Tonight’s batch.

Comment

Interesting, looks really nice but don’t know if I’ll buy the mold. I already have the balls and big cube molds and works good. Much better than standard ice cubes

Comment

You can cook with it too!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X