No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried the Jim Beam black. I have seen some good reviews on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      Anyone tried the Jim Beam black. I have seen some good reviews on it.
      I like it much better than the white label, but its nothing special. It is smooth, a little oakier than the white label, but still sweet. If you like the white label, it is a step up from that.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Did you think it was worth the money?
        I got it for $180 which was the stores "retail". I guess he marked it up about $100. It was definitely worth the money, very smooth, and the amount of different taste elements that you get is awesome.

Comment

If anyone's got an extra bottle of Blanton's they would sell send me a PM, been almost impossible to find around here

Comment

Originally posted by alack392 View Post
            I got it for $180 which was the stores "retail". I guess he marked it up about $100. It was definitely worth the money, very smooth, and the amount of different taste elements that you get is awesome.
            That’s a great price still. Last one I saw in store was insane like $800 or something stupid like that

Comment

Picked up another today that they stashed for me.

My set is now complete!!!! I have all horse & riders
              Attached Files

Comment

Decisions tonight. Finished off the Jack. What should I drink next?

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                  Decisions tonight. Finished off the Jack. What should I drink next?
                  Here are the choices

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Of those choices JW black would be my choice

Comment

Basil Hayden

Comment

Got a bottle of monkey shoulder to try... price was too good not to

I'm not really a "scotch guy". Never found one in a working mans price range that I thought was worth the money or hype. This IS A BLENDED MALT, for some to proud to drink something that's not a "single" this or that (I drink what I like, blended, straight, mixed)..

This is around $35 a bottle and is supper smooth,... really too smooth for my taste. Almost boring after bourbons. But is perfect for those just wanting to start tasting whisky without too much burn and lots of sweet notes. And if you don't like it it would make a great mixer at minimum

Not smokey or harsh, no long finish, no burn. But pleasant to drink straight or on a cube of ice..... good bargain for the money

Comment

I have started drinking Eagle Rare 10 year. I like it, and it’s only $25

Comment

Originally posted by silencer2011 View Post
                            I have started drinking Eagle Rare 10 year. I like it, and it’s only $25
                            I like it too. Very good, especially for the $. Another bottle I like in the same price range is the Henry McKenna 10 year old Bottled In Bond. Similar flavor profiles, but he oak comes through a little more in the Henry McKenna 10. The HM10 is slightly spicier and has a little more of a vanilla flavor too, but is just as sweet as the Eagle Rare.

Comment

Found a new bottle today. Coming in under $27 it is IMO better than crown, jim, jack, and low end Johnnie.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                                I like it too. Very good, especially for the $. Another bottle I like in the same price range is the Henry McKenna 10 year old Bottled In Bond. Similar flavor profiles, but he oak comes through a little more in the Henry McKenna 10. The HM10 is slightly spicier and has a little more of a vanilla flavor too, but is just as sweet as the Eagle Rare.
                                Huge fan of HMcK! Oldest aged stated BIB on the market great stuff and a great price. Love what Heaven Hill puts out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X