The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
    Great finds, I can get the 107 here, but not the Elmer. I've got a few bottles of 107 and a bottle and half of Elmer I've been rationing.
    Elmer is getting hard to find. Around DFW, you just have to hit stores on the right day or have a relationship with a local store owner who will call you when they get some in. I had another bottle of Elmer in the bunker, but was saving it until I got a replacement. I don't have a problem opening up a bottle when I have a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
      Always a solid choice. I really like the 4R Single Barrel
      The only bad thing about this bourbon is it doesn't last. Goes down way to easy.

Comment

Elmer is getting hard to find. Around DFW, you just have to hit stores on the right day or have a relationship with a local store owner who will call you when they get some in. I had another bottle of Elmer in the bunker, but was saving it until I got a replacement. I don't have a problem opening up a bottle when I have a replacement.
        My problem is I don't wait for a replacement. I don't collect bottles, I drink em an don't have the patience to wait.

I'm about 2/3 gone on my last bottle of Stagg Jr but it's one of my favorites and I doubt I'll be able to save it till I can find a couple more bottle to hide away.

I do have enough Weller Antique,Eagle Rare and Noah's Mill in the cellar to not care though

Comment

Yep, I always keep an unopened reserve waiting in the queue. I have a hard time opening a good bottle if I don’t have a backup.

Comment

I try a new one every month or so, this is the latest. Good value I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Give me a blended Canadian any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post

I try a new one every month or so, this is the latest. Good value I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I like their rye.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                  I got excited when I saw this because I drank my last bottle a couple months ago. Total Wine says they haven't seen any yet this year

I brought 2 bottles back with me from Louisville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Anybody tried a newer Texas bourbon called Ben Milam? The distillery is in Blanco I believe. If not, I may need to be the guinea pig and go get a bottle.

Comment

Anybody know anything about this new one in Cleburne??

Comment

Aquired more weller 12 yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Aquired more weller 12 yesterday
                          Love Weller 12. I was able to get my hands on a case back in June. Already drank 1/2 of them and will try to pace myself till some more hits my area.

Comment

Eagle Rare and water tonight. Geaux Stros!

Comment

been really impressed with the 1792 Small Batch store pick i grabbed over the summer, a double pour with some alpha brain is a delicious cocktail.

if anyone has a bottle or two of Stagg Jr. they want to sell or trade for please let me know, I'm down to the last 1/3 bottle I have and since its my favorite I'm not sure it will last

Comment

On a budget, cant go wrong with R&R, but i love TX Bourbon

Comment

Working...
                                X