The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
    Also I like the hotter stuff my main 2 go to' s are Stagg Jr which is usually around 130 proof and Belle Mead 10 yr SiB which is usually around 110 to 115 proof.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Had about half a pour neat then cut it with a single cube. Both ways have their place for me, thanks for the recommendation..

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
      Had about half a pour neat then cut it with a single cube. Both ways have their place for me, thanks for the recommendation..
      I really like the Belle Meade 10 yr but it's closer to $75 so it might not be a good daily.

Comment

Hornitos reposado tequila is what I usually drink as a first choice. Shots with a sprite or coke chaser.

My favorite go to whiskey is Texas Ranger, always have a bottle around. Wild Turkey as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobowhunter View Post
          Jim beam Black and Gentleman Jack are good.
          Jim Beam Black Extra Aged is always in my liquor cabinet. I like it better than the Firestone & Robertson TX Straight Bourbon I paid $60 for. Don't get me wrong, I like that too. But I am not a whiskey snob. I like whiskey I can drink neat and that is my only requirement. If I have to add ice or soda to make it drinkable, I give it to my brother .

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
            It's drinkable. I've bought for $27. Around Memorial Day. Now it's $48.... ain't worth that. It's $30 worth
            For the 50th Anniversary edition? That's more like the regular and small batch price

Comment

Originally posted by Heathbar_tx View Post
              Also I like the hotter stuff my main 2 go to' s are Stagg Jr which is usually around 130 proof and Belle Mead 10 yr SiB which is usually around 110 to 115 proof.

Stagg Jr is too good. I'm almost through the bottle I found, I need to put it away I wish it was more accessible.

I'm a fan of the colonel for a regular drinker, I too like the higher proof

Comment

Seriously good stuff

Comment

Rebecca Creek on tap tonight. Working on my second on ice!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post

Seriously good stuff
                    That's my favorite bottle right there!

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                      That's my favorite bottle right there!
                      Yeah it is! That reminds me, I am out of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                        For the 50th Anniversary edition? That's more like the regular and small batch price
                        Was referring to eagle rare

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                          Was referring to eagle rare
                          Oh gotcha. Yeah if you see it for over $35 it's marked up too much

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post

Seriously good stuff
                            Very good!

Comment

I bought this to try later. I enjoy trying different Texas whiskey and bourbon.

Comment

Bought a bottle of Weller's Special Reserve today at Total Wine and More in the Med Center.

Comment

Working...
                                X