The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
    Hunting for MSRP is fine if you have the time.

The small independent shops are good if you want a bottle that will never see a shelf at a Specs or Total Wine and price is not really a concern....

Speaking of "price not being a concern"... he just listed a Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15yr for ~$2600.
    Oh for sure. It’s just heard to pay what he’s asking. I do have a buddy that will buy that Pappy. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
      How much are you guys seeing the Blanton's go for in the stores? Saw my first one in the wild last week but it was high.

Left that one there and grabbed 2 bottles of ER instead

$65 to $69

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Only 1 bottle left that I would pay secondary for.... need a Stagg Jr. I had a deal for one fall apart around Christmas.

I'd find a spot for it.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
          Last one I saw was $150
          Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
          $65 to $69

The store I saw it at had it listed for $175

Comment

typical up here in dfw is $69 or so for blantons. Im not a fan but will always buy it for trade bait

So far ive been real lucky and not paid secondary for a single bottle but Ive traded plenty at secondary. worked out pretty well lately

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
              How much are you guys seeing the Blanton's go for in the stores? Saw my first one in the wild last week but it was high.

Left that one there and grabbed 2 bottles of ER instead
              $150-165 is what I’ve seen in and around the Beaumont area when you can find it.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                Hunting for MSRP is fine if you have the time.

The small independent shops are good if you want a bottle that will never see a shelf at a Specs or Total Wine and price is not really a concern....

Speaking of "price not being a concern"... he just listed a Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 15yr for ~$2600.
                I’ve got the 12 yr lot B. I’m looking for a 10 year Pappy’s now for a graduation coming up in a few weeks. Found one local and he was even higher than already high secondary prices. Willing to pay normal secondary if anyone knows where one is!

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                  I’ve got the 12 yr lot B. I’m looking for a 10 year Pappy’s now for a graduation coming up in a few weeks. Found one local and he was even higher than already high secondary prices. Willing to pay normal secondary if anyone knows where one is!
                  Legit curious what normal secondary is for the 10 yr?

A quick Google search shows the cheapest being around $900

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                    $150-165 is what I’ve seen in and around the Beaumont area when you can find it.

You’re not going to the right places.

Bought a bottle for 60 something a couple weeks ago in Beaumont.

Comment

Scooped up one of these in Phoenix today.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhartt View Post
                        Legit curious what normal secondary is for the 10 yr?

A quick Google search shows the cheapest being around $900
                        That is about right. $899-$1099 for the 10 yr. Local guy here has one for $1500 and won’t budge.

Comment

That’s a great deal in today’s market. Of course haven’t been in all the stores around the Bmt area but I’ve been in a bunch - I haven’t seen one bottle actually out front on the shelves, they are all under the counter or behind the register. Haven’t seen one at MSRP like you’re saying. I would say it’s very rare to find one at that price point unless you are a regular somewhere or have a good status with Spec’s.

Comment

To add to this-I’m also seeing most Blanton’s and Pappy’s put in baskets or packages and not sold in singles as much. Guy outside of Bmt has a Louis IV and two Pappy’s but won’t split. I bought two basket packages from Longhorn Liquor and they both had Blanton’s in those.

Comment

10yr aint worth $100 a bottle imo. Heck i could think of several off the shelf bourbons i would prefer before that. Now the 15 20 and 23 was pretty good. I preferred the 20 over the 23 if memory serves me right.

But $800 for 10yr is insane.

Comment

My ECBP B522 needed a buddy. Found an A122 locally today! If you can find this at or around MSRP, the pricing is pretty decent for a 12 year barrel proof.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X