No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the word on the Rebecca 16yr 128proof? I have a bottle located but haven't tried it or found many reviews.

Comment

The bottles I have seen were not that high of proof. They were closer to 100. I hope it’s as good as the 12 year was. A local restaurant has the 16 and I have been wanting to get a glass and try it out.

Comment

Went into a place today doing some hunting near Beaumont. Good selection for sure…behind the counter he has two bottle of Pappy’s (10/12yr) and a bottle of Louis XIII as a bundle. I tried to buy the Pappy’s (strong offer) but he wouldn’t split them. Everyone take a guess at his asking price for the bundle? Wanted to see what the experts think.

Comment

Went into a place today doing some hunting near Beaumont. Good selection for sure…behind the counter he has two bottle of Pappy’s (10/12yr) and a bottle of Louis XIII as a bundle. I tried to buy the Pappy’s (strong offer) but he wouldn’t split them. Everyone take a guess at his asking price for the bundle? Wanted to see what the experts think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            https://www.bladeandbowwhiskey.com/

Has anyone tried Blade and Bow?

I picked up a bottle recently and have yet to try it.
            I try to keep it in the house. Bought a bottle yesterday. I like it
            Last edited by Casey; 03-02-2023, 09:18 PM.

Comment

Scored a bottle of Old Forester King Ranch but haven't cracked it open yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Payne346 View Post
                The Louie retails between 3K-4K depending on big box store or mom & pop shop so I'm guessing they were well over 5K for the 10yr bundle. Prob more like 8K for either one of them.

Comment

I've drinking on a store pick Stagg (fka Stagg jr). 62.4abv. It's liquid candy. Might be the best bourbon I've ever had.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BigPun View Post
                    The Louie retails between 3K-4K depending on big box store or mom & pop shop so I'm guessing they were well over 5K for the 10yr bundle. Prob more like 8K for either one of them.
                    You are all over it. $5300 for the bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Scored a bottle of Old Forester King Ranch but haven't cracked it open yet.
                      I traded for one of these a few weeks ago.. it is delicious.. love Old Forester in general, but this one has even more flavor depth and a bit of mesquite smokiness too! It's really good!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Long time lurker, first time poster (and Kentucky Resident)...

If any of you are ever in the area, the "You do Bourbon" experience at Heaven Hill is fantastic. It's about an hour for a tasting and bottle-your-own experience. I went with some buddies a couple of weeks ago. We got to try a Bernheim, an Elijah Craig, a Larceny, and a HH Special Reserve (Barrel pick only used for the program, not distributed). After the tasting, they handed us an empty bottle. We got to clean it, add our choice of Bourbon, label it, and then purchase it. Overall, very cool. Plus, I now have a bottle of Elijah Craig with my handwritten name/date of bottling.

I travel fairly extensively for work. Everyone is always asking for recommendations. This will now be my go-to option to tell people.

Comment

If any of you are ever in the area, the "You do Bourbon" experience at Heaven Hill in Bardstown, KY is fantastic. It's about an hour for a tasting and bottle-your-own experience. I went with some buddies a couple of weeks ago. We got to try a Bernheim, an Elijah Craig, a Larceny, and a HH Special Reserve (Barrel pick only used for the program, not distributed). After the tasting, they handed us an empty bottle. We got to clean it, add our choice of Bourbon, label it, and then purchase it. Overall, very cool. Plus, I now have a bottle of Elijah Craig with my handwritten name/date of bottling.

I travel fairly extensively for work. Everyone is always asking for recommendations. This will now be my go-to option to tell people.

Comment

We took the TX Whiskey Ranch tour last week and picked up a bottle of the barrel strength bourbon (120 something proof)
                            I'm not used to high proof bourbon and it's pretty tough to drink without taming it down a bit but seems a waste use as a mixer.

Comment

oops double post

Comment

Anybody looking for blantons? Saw online
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X