The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .270 View Post
    Back in the Spring I bought a bottle of BSM and the first few straight from the bottle were pretty harsh, no flavor, all burn. So I put it in the back of the collection until Monday and gave it another try and it was AWESOME!!! . I guess 8 mo's of sitting really smoothed it out. IDK, but it moved up the front of the cabinet now!
    This bottle came ready to fight. Had a punch so I mixed it with a splash of water. The Buffalo Trace, to me, is a little smoother but I do enjoy tonight's choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
      Makers mark
      X2 pretty dang good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
        George Dickel barrel select is my sipping whiskey of choice but it has become hard to find.
        Total Wine on Brodie has it. It's my current go to, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Texaskid82 View Post
          This bottle came ready to fight. Had a punch so I mixed it with a splash of water. The Buffalo Trace, to me, is a little smoother but I do enjoy tonight's choice.
          Buffalo Trace is usually a staple in the cabinet, but it doesn't last very long because it's my wife's favorite bourbon. My four favorite under $20 legit bourbons are Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey 101 (8 yr bourbon), Evan Williams Bottle in Bond, Jim Beam Bottle in Bond.

Comment

Picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden's last night. It's pretty good...

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
              Picked up a bottle of Basil Hayden's last night. It's pretty good...
              Definitely a good go to and most bars and restaurants carry it if you're on a night out.

Comment

Maker's Mark 46 neat.

Making my mouth water now...

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
                  Maker's Mark 46 neat.

Making my mouth water now...
                  Funny I opened this thread just to post about makers 46. I'm not a makers mark guy.... but the 46 could be the absolute best I've ever had. And that's no kidding...straight or on ice. It needs nothing

#1 for me!!!!

Comment

Been working on some Walking Stick single barrel lately. Dang smooth.

Comment

Rebecca Creek for me.

Comment

Elijah Craig 12yo weller 12yo

Gotta have some age!!

Comment

I always mix my whiskey with soda but trying to move toward having just whiskey on ice or with a splash of water. I've done honey and blackberry but want to get away from those strong flavors.

What's a good one to start with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I keep it fairly simple....

Comment

I recently tried TX whiskey out of FW.... Taste great !!

I also have a bottle of Ranger Creek Rimfire Whiskey small barrel batch from last year that I am still sipping on....

Comment

Originally posted by txgb View Post
                                I always mix my whiskey with soda but trying to move toward having just whiskey on ice or with a splash of water. I've done honey and blackberry but want to get away from those strong flavors.

What's a good one to start with ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Woodford Reserve is a good gateway drug into the straight up bourbon..lol. I put it over a few ice cubes and give them a minute or two to get it cold

Comment

Working...
                                X