The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Good whiskey is meant to be drank. With good friends and family.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep…

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
      Yep…

Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        Love it.
        Dang! I can only dream of that pour. Happy New Years!

Comment

A guy I follow on Instagram @txdram just picked up a bunch of BTAC bottles at specs around Dallas. I think they get deliveries between Christmas and New Years up there. May be worth dropping in a few stores and writing down those dates for next year. Wish I knew when they dropped in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
            A guy I follow on Instagram @txdram just picked up a bunch of BTAC bottles at specs around Dallas. I think they get deliveries between Christmas and New Years up there. May be worth dropping in a few stores and writing down those dates for next year. Wish I knew when they dropped in Houston.

Looking at his post it looks a lot like those bottles are from the relationships he’s built not just luck. It also seems like he buys a lot of stuff online.

Comment

They did big drops at only three locations Dallas, Houston and San Antonio (I think). Each of these big locations got multiple cases a piece, they completely left all of the smaller stores out. My Spec’s guy around here was ****** because his store didn’t receive any, I guess they typically disperse smaller amounts to multiple stores.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                They did big drops at only three locations Dallas, Houston and San Antonio (I think). Each of these big locations got multiple cases a piece, they completely left all of the smaller stores out. My Spec’s guy around here was ****** because his store didn’t receive any, I guess they typically disperse smaller amounts to multiple stores.

Well those big drops were Stagg Jr, Weller 12, 107, and full proof, Blantons store picks, EH Taylor, Bakers 7, Old Forrester, 4 roses, and sazerac rye. There were a couple random bottles of ORVW that I’ve seen but I haven’t seen anyone with BTAC or other Pappy bottles.

Comment

If he is picking up BTAC at Specs then he probably has a TON of club points b/c that is pretty much the only way those bottles see the light of day.

Comment

Originally posted by duckhunter175 View Post
                    If he is picking up BTAC at Specs then he probably has a TON of club points b/c that is pretty much the only way those bottles see the light of day.

This. If he’s getting BTAC at Specs, he’s getting a call from them to come pick it up.

Comment

They sent an email to key club members, but word got out and there were neckbeards wrapped around the stores before the drop.

Comment

I’m fairly certain that Specs sells Pappy and BTAC to it’s commercial accounts. Restaurants, wedding planners, etc. spend a ton of money and that’s where it goes.

Comment

I’m fairly certain that Specs sells Pappy and BTAC to its commercial accounts. Restaurants, wedding planners, etc. spend a ton of money and that’s where it goes.
                          Last edited by WBT; 01-01-2022, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                            Specs in College Station got some on same day. Not much. But like always, they sell all their allocated stuff to the nice restaurants and bars. Very very little to general public.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                              Specs in College Station got some on same day. Not much. But like always, they sell all their allocated stuff to the nice restaurants and bars. Very very little to general public.
                              My store got Eagle Rare and EH Taylor, but those come around every 2-3 wks anyhow it seems.

Comment

As much as I’d like to have a bottle of pappy, I can’t imagine standing in line or putting as much effort into it as some of these people do. Seems like the same guys that stand in line for Pokémon cards lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X