The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
    Went to Specs in Granbury yesterday and the girl said they had just got in Heaven Hill. Ok, what is the significance of that? Well, lots of people have been asking for it and it’s limit 1.

Is this the next Taylor?

Grabbed one and it was ok for $40 but not better than Woodford or Four Roses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wasn't super impressed with it either. Heaven Hill used to have a 6 year old BiB that was a Kentucky only release and was available for around $12 in Kentucky. They discontinued it, added an extra year in the barrel, distributed it nationally, and more than tripled the price. A buddy had a bottle of the discontinued 6 year old and we did a side-by-side of it with the 7 year and neither of us could tell much difference in taste and definitely not enough to warrant tripling the price of the product.

Comment

Scored a couple of bottles out in the wild today.

Comment

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Im not a whiskey/bourbon drinker but I bought this for a buddy today. I hope he likes it.

Comment

Blanton’s Gold….my score of the year.
          Attached Files

Comment

I found an Old Forester Birthday yesterday but at $1200 I passed [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
              Blanton’s Gold….my score of the year.

Dang, well done

Comment

Garrison Brothers Cowboy any good? I won “the option to purchase” a bottle at a local liquor store. It’s $199. Never paid that much for a bottle of booze but I will if it’s any good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                  Garrison Brothers Cowboy any good? I won “the option to purchase” a bottle at a local liquor store. It’s $199. Never paid that much for a bottle of booze but I will if it’s any good.

That's about the going rate for that bottle, but I wouldn't spend that much myself. Garrison Brothers as a general rule (in my opinion) is way overpriced.

Comment

Picked up a Makers Cask Strength the other day for $35. Haven't opened it yet but figured it was worth a shot at that price.

Comment

Quite the haul today! (Buddy hooked me up with the two Smoke Wagons yesterday)

Comment

Last post reminded me of story to tell. I have a new store that I really like.

So we get back from our pheasant hunt this year and I need to pick up another bottle of buffalo trace that I used to have a hard time finding. We hit it pretty hard the night before we left for south Dakota. So we stop by and I get my buffalo trace and a rye for bil. I ask if they ever got more of the eagle rare that I asked them to get. They said they sold it but had tried calling me. Of course I told them to leave a message if I don't answer. Then they say, but we do still have the blanton's you asked for. Sold. A week later they call me and tell me they got some eagle rare. I show up next day, they pull out 3 bottles. Love this place.

Comment

Last post reminded me of story to tell. I have a new store that I really like.

So we get back from our pheasant hunt this year and I need to pick up another bottle of buffalo trace that I used to have a hard time finding. We hit it pretty hard the night before we left for south Dakota. So we stop by and I get my buffalo trace and a rye for bil. I ask if they ever got more of the eagle rare that I asked them to get. They said they sold it but had tried calling me. Of course I told them to leave a message if I don't answer. Then they say, but we do still have the blanton's you asked for. Sold. A week later they call me and tell me they got some eagle rare. I show up next day, they pull out 3 bottles. Love this place.

Comment

I wish Smoke Wagon was easier to get. Seems like I never see any, and no stores even say they have gotten any in. Is it this hard to come by in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by abilliott View Post
                              I wish Smoke Wagon was easier to get. Seems like I never see any, and no stores even say they have gotten any in. Is it this hard to come by in Texas?
                              Like all other allocated bottles, it helps to have a contact at a store who will hold bottles for you.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                                Like all other allocated bottles, it helps to have a contact at a store who will hold bottles for you.
                                Are they actually allocated yet though? Or just so popular that they work like the allocations?

Comment

Working...
                                X