No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a bottle of Eagle Rare for ~55 a month ago and still had to use all of my points to get it.

We also went down to Waco to taste and pick up some Balcones. I liked everything I tried. Left with 2 bottles of the single malt and 1 of the Rye.

Comment

I bought a bottle of Eagle Rare for ~55 a month ago and still had to use all of my points to get it.

We also went down to Waco to taste and pick up some Balcones. I liked everything I tried. Left with 2 bottles of the single malt and 1 of the Rye.

Comment

I bought about 20 bottles of Eagle Rare over a years period starting about 2 years ago for $35 a bottle when the store had it. Between what I've drank, given away, and taken on hunting trips to share I'm down to about 6 bottles. I wish other people didnt like it as much as I do, its hard to find.

Another bottle that I really like and have been hoarding is "yellowstone". Its alot like Eagle Rare. I noticed that the bottles where hard to find for a while and then they came back with a different color label and different wording. I'm thinking that they did so to make sure people knew they where not part of the "yellowstone" Tv show and/or a sales gimmick.

Comment

A nice night for a good cigar and pour. Soon we won’t have many more nights like this.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
            I bought about 20 bottles of Eagle Rare over a years period starting about 2 years ago for $35 a bottle when the store had it. Between what I've drank, given away, and taken on hunting trips to share I'm down to about 6 bottles. I wish other people didnt like it as much as I do, its hard to find.

Another bottle that I really like and have been hoarding is "yellowstone". Its alot like Eagle Rare. I noticed that the bottles where hard to find for a while and then they came back with a different color label and different wording. I'm thinking that they did so to make sure people knew they where not part of the "yellowstone" Tv show and/or a sales gimmick.
            I’m not very well versed in the bourbon game and just kind of getting into it. But Eagle Rare is what I look for always. I really enjoy it.

Comment

Hadn’t posted on this thread in a while, mostly because it’s been a ridiculous amount of time since I’ve found anything decent. Thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post

This has become my preferred sipping whiskey not only because I like it a lot but it’s the easiest to find at msrp of all the others I like.

Comment

Originally posted by tommy1005 View Post
                  A nice night for a good cigar and pour. Soon we won’t have many more nights like this.

Nice pour

Comment

I got my first bottle of eagle rare a couple of days ago, I wasn't impressed. Been looking for it for at least a year, good thing it was only $33. Buffalo trace, green Weller are much better. I'll take Elijah Craig over Eagle. Old Forrester prohibition 1920 is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post

You’re the first person I’ve ever heard say that they like anything from Balcones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                        Hadn’t posted on this thread in a while, mostly because it’s been a ridiculous amount of time since I’ve found anything decent. Thoughts on this?

I thought it was really good for the price. For a budget bottle it has good drink ability.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                          I got my first bottle of eagle rare a couple of days ago, I wasn't impressed. Been looking for it for at least a year, good thing it was only $33. Buffalo trace, green Weller are much better. I'll take Elijah Craig over Eagle. Old Forrester prohibition 1920 is really good.
                          I'll trade you an unopened Buffalo Trace or Elijah Craig for that Eagle Rare. Where are you located?

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                            I'll trade you an unopened Buffalo Trace or Elijah Craig for that Eagle Rare. Where are you located?
                            Well I've drank a few glasses out of it now, I just don't see why it's so hard to find. It's not bad, I mean I didn't have to mix it with coke. If I get another full bottle I'll hit you up for a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                              You’re the first person I’ve ever heard say that they like anything from Balcones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Sometimes you just have to give something new a try. And I do like scotch too. Had the Balcones last night with a good cigar.

My bil and I compared the balcones rye against Basil Hayden Rye (his favorite). The Balcones had a much deeper caramel note and overall much better. Of course the balcones was cask strength so I'm sure that influenced a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
                                Well I've drank a few glasses out of it now, I just don't see why it's so hard to find. It's not bad, I mean I didn't have to mix it with coke. If I get another full bottle I'll hit you up for a trade.
                                No problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X