No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone uave a spare bottle of Blantons or EH Taylor for sale?

Comment

Made a run yesterday
      It’s amazing how many people are jumping into the distilling game especially in texas.

I sampled a bottle of Big Stick bourbon today. Some veterans from Katy are behind the brand. I was impressed with the sample, especially For a 95 proof. Very smooth. Interesting concept they have which you can read more about below. Always happy to support locals and veterans so I picked up a bottle.

And every though it’s not whiskey/bourbon I also sampled a sotol which is being distilled in driftwood texas. Similar to tequila it went down smooth at room temp. Desert door is the brand and also veteran operated.

Have not opened the dalmore yet, that will happen this evening in combo with a cigar, high expectations .

EC was good as always

The whistle pig, unfortunately, didn’t do much foe me, little too hot for my liking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sounds like you went to Wine & More!

I too sampled the Big Stick and purchased a bottle. Didn’t like when I got home but got it down mixed with water

I do like the Whistle Pig 10 though

Comment

Picked up a bottle of Wellers 12 the other day and well I fell underwhelmed. It good, but not for the $300 I see it priced at.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            Sounds like you went to Wine & More!

I too sampled the Big Stick and purchased a bottle. Didn’t like when I got home but got it down mixed with water

I do like the Whistle Pig 10 though

Yes sir, funny how the pallet changes
            Maybe the next pour of WP will be different
            If not maybe a trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
              Picked up a bottle of Wellers 12 the other day and well I fell underwhelmed. It good, but not for the $300 I see it priced at.

WTH? Weller 12 is like $40

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                WTH? Weller 12 is like $40
                Weller 12 is $40 MSRP, it rarely sells at that price. $180-200 is not unusual for Weller 12. Anything in the Pappy mash bill family is over priced because of market demand and limited supply.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                  Weller 12 is $40 MSRP, it rarely sells at that price. $180-200 is not unusual for Weller 12. Anything in the Pappy mash bill family is over priced because of market demand and limited supply.
                  Yep, while I do like Weller 12, it is not worth anywhere near the secondary prices it commands. This fall, I got a 1.75 L of W 12 at Spec's for less than $50 and got a 750 ML at Goody Goody for a little over $30. It's all about hitting the right stores at the right time. If I go into a liquor store and see they actually have W12, but it is behind the counter or behind glass priced at $150+, I bid them good day and head out the door. I will not deal with stores like this.

Comment

Giving this Old Forester a go. Hadn’t tried it yet. The Weller is for gifts this year.

Comment

I liked the Old Forester I had. My son wasn't crazy about it. Life is tough sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                        I liked the Old Forester I had. My son wasn't crazy about it. Life is tough sometimes.

I really enjoyed it. Smooooooth. Looks like they have a few different blends. I’ll probably try the higher proof prohibition one next.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                          Made a run yesterday
                          It’s amazing how many people are jumping into the distilling game especially in texas.

I sampled a bottle of Big Stick bourbon today. Some veterans from Katy are behind the brand. I was impressed with the sample, especially For a 95 proof. Very smooth. Interesting concept they have which you can read more about below. Always happy to support locals and veterans so I picked up a bottle.

And every though it’s not whiskey/bourbon I also sampled a sotol which is being distilled in driftwood texas. Similar to tequila it went down smooth at room temp. Desert door is the brand and also veteran operated.

Have not opened the dalmore yet, that will happen this evening in combo with a cigar, high expectations .

EC was good as always

The whistle pig, unfortunately, didn’t do much foe me, little too hot for my liking.

Man this dalmore is pretty legit. Didn’t really like the cigar combo but I’m having a pour now and I like it a LOT.

Comment

Kung Fu’d this one today. It’s one of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang where did you get that for that price?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                                Dang where did you get that for that price?

Many Houston Specs got a shipment today.
                                They had Blantons too. But it was one or the other couldn’t get both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X