No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get that! I was able to score a Michters Toasted Rye and a few Weller 12’s. Will have to be happy with that.... ��

Comment

I’ve been trying to find some wellers 12 in San Antonio. Hard to come by. Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
        you boys can have all of that Balcones stuff. I havent had one that Id buy a second drink of yet. Ive tried the pot still, baby blue, scrub oak? (that one was horrible). I want to like it...I just cant.

eagle rare has become harder and harder to find. EHT is still around but the prices have shot through the roof on them. Small batch for $70 is too high IMO. I saw single barrel @ 150 last week.

Same here man. Balcones is not for me. Kind of like Dickel as well. Garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

After a couple of pours, I'd say that Balcones Pot Still is just bourbon. Nothing special worth buying a second bottle.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
            Same here man. Balcones is not for me. Kind of like Dickel as well. Garbage.

Did you get the Flintstone's vitamin note from the Dickel? I tried on of the Dickel BIB and didn't care for it.

Comment

Originally posted by lab man View Post
              Did you get the Flintstone's vitamin note from the Dickel? I tried on of the Dickel BIB and didn't care for it.

Yes I remember vitamins and peanuts. Not my favorite bourbon notes haha.

Comment

I couldn't get into the Dickel stuff either. I have a bottle of the rye and just use it to make Old Fashions, to get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKG8YMDsAxw"]Pappy Van Winkle, the world's most coveted bourbon - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Went through a bottle of this pretty quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Soles some of this with a buddy last week. Really, really good.

Comment

Just picked up my unicorn!!

Comment

Interesting. Never seen it, but I like the age statement and the barrel proof. Since it is distilled by Brown Forman in Louisville, is it similar in profile to some of their other products like Old Forester?

Comment

Got a bottle of stagg JR. batch 14 today. looking forward to trying it.

Comment

Man, I'd be interested in some feedback on that once you crack it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sipping on this tonight at deer camp. I don’t like it as much as TX Bourbon, personally.

Comment

Working...
                                X