No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scored this big hunk of juice at total wine.. Eagle Rare 1.75l. $70. I'm pumped to find it!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
      Ok now I’m not sure again lol.

Why did you hate it?

It’s not for me. It’s odd. Hopefully i just got a funky bottle. If you want to cover shipping I’ll send you a free sample.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post

Had a great meeting last night. 2 great bourbons and fabulous rye. Ocean was off, might have been open for years? OT couldn’t compete against the top shelf stuff. But it’s only $20.

How’s that Widow Jane? I almost bought a bottle last night and thought I’d look through this thread for a review first lol.

Comment

Very Good to Excellent

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          How’s that Widow Jane? I almost bought a bottle last night and thought I’d look through this thread for a review first lol.

I've had several Window Jane products over the last few years. They are typically very good and the 13 year old in this picture is excellent! I'm in a small bourbon group and it was highly rated by all.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormade820 View Post
            Great pour right there!

It’s the best I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a lot.

Comment

It’s not for me. It’s odd. Hopefully i just got a funky bottle. If you want to cover shipping I’ll send you a free sample.

Not sure where you’re located, but I’d be interested in taking it off your hands

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                Not sure where you’re located, but I’d be interested in taking it off your hands

DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  Tell us what you think. I almost bought a bottle the other day.

I had a bottle of 2018 Honey Dew, I really liked it.

Comment

I've had several Window Jane products over the last few years. They are typically very good and the 13 year old in this picture is excellent! I'm in a small bourbon group and it was highly rated by all.

Good to hear I’ll have to pick some up. Also, what’s the deal with the uncut smoke wagon? Admittedly I’m kind of new to whiskey/bourbon terminology. What’s the deal with uncut/unfiltered? And why is it so hard to find? Lol

Comment

Flavor of the Day?

Good to hear I’ll have to pick some up. Also, what’s the deal with the uncut smoke wagon? Admittedly I’m kind of new to whiskey/bourbon terminology. What’s the deal with uncut/unfiltered? And why is it so hard to find? Lol
                      I've never tried Smoke Wagon. It is getting lots of press on social media and the Head Dude is a character with charisma. Good reviews, but too new and expensive product for me. Kentucky Owl was in the limelight not long ago, not so much anymore. This is just my opinion, yours may vary.

Comment

Because it's awesome! I got two bottles a couple weeks ago and haven't put it down. Only other Bourbon Ive had in that time was the Honey Dew, I thought it was so bad I poured it out. But then again I have never liked any GB product and certainly don't get why it commands the price.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

I've never tried Smoke Wagon. It is getting lots of press on social media and the Head Dude is a character with charisma. Good reviews, but too new and expensive product for me. Kentucky Owl was in the limelight not long ago, not so much anymore. This is just my opinion, yours may vary.
                          Have had most of the Smoke Wagon. Desert Jewel was my favourite followed by Uncut. Good juice for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                            It’s the best I’ve ever had. And I’ve had a lot.
                            It really is. Prefer it over all limited except Cured Oak. Just grabbed an 18yr and will see how she stands up to these.

Comment

We opened one this past Whiskey Wednesday and it got mixed reviews. Would be great in a cocktail, but wasn’t my favorite neat.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Very nice!

Looking forward to your thoughts on the single barrel. Some pretty mixed reviews out so far
                                Have heard the same, but would like to try for myself! Nice pulls.

Comment

Working...
                                X