The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
    Visiting the small town of Cle Elum in Washington this weekend, stopped into Safeway and they had Eagle Rare and Blantons on the shelf in the grocery store

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Are those really the everyday prices for ER and Blanton's? I switched to Scotch because I got tired of playing the game. That is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
      Are those really the everyday prices for ER and Blanton's? I switched to Scotch because I got tired of playing the game. That is crazy.
      That's the price for blanton in the picture, but Eagle Rare was 35 and down the shelf a little ways

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        That's the price for blanton in the picture, but Eagle Rare was 35 and down the shelf a little ways

That's a little better. I miss the days of $23.99 Weller 12, which wasn't too long ago. There is so much better value in Scotch these days.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
          That’s a little high but not bad imo. I’d pick up ER for $35

Comment

Wild turkey 101 tonight! The funky chicken. Still one of the best for the money (imho)

Comment

Picked up these three last night with my more experienced relatives, lol. Capmaker and 3 Hogs were recommended by the store guy. The more experienced folks liked the Capmaker the best. I favored the 9 Banded, but it and the Hogs were very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                Have you tried Noah's Mill? Top notch in my book. Wanting to pick up a Rowans Creek at some point too.

Tried it this week
                Not as bold as most bourbons

I believe that the color had my bRain confused due to it being lighter than most

It’s good if you light less bold bourbon in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterdan View Post
                  I picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare yesterday at Costco in Webster but that Blantons is almost impossible to find here. I would have filled my suitcase up with Blantons and shipped my clothes back home via Fedex.
                  Costco has liquor. Am I missing something. Never been to a Costco in Texas with a liquor store

Comment

Tried blade and now last week
                    It was a solid bourbon

Comment

Sorry Blade and Bow

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                        Costco has liquor. Am I missing something. Never been to a Costco in Texas with a liquor store

In Texas, wholesale stores like Costco aren't allowed to sell spirits due to the membership needed to shop there. The liquor stores are attached to the outside of the store and anyone can buy there. The ones I'm used to are called WB Liquors.

Comment

Decided to try two new bottles. Any experience with these?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                            Decided to try two new bottles. Any experience with these?

The Double Oak is really good.

I like the Long Branch but feel that there are better options for the price.

Comment

Agreed

Originally posted by lab man View Post
                              The Double Oak is really good.

I like the Long Branch but feel that there are better options for the price.
                              Bazinga!

Comment

Some private barrel pick action never disappoints!!

Comment

Working...
                                X