No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoying some 12yr old knob creek after a cold rainy payday on the lake!!

Comment

Congrats slew

Comment

Knob Creek. Yummy

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGProstaff View Post
          Houston specks downtown, also got a bottle of their single malt
          Post your opinion on their Single Malt please! I have almost bought it a couple times.

Comment

Originally posted by wooman View Post
            I like a lot of different whiskers but for the money Weller is hard to beat.
            My go to Bourbon! Anything wheated! If I could afford it...I would go with Pappy's. Wheller is same distillery with (Buffalo Trace) and a few others.

Comment

Originally posted by Axe Man View Post
              I have to say that W.L. Weller Special Reserve is really good! Super cheap and good is fine by me. My friends say that I have become a bourbon snob. I won't buy the blended stuff that many find from Texas. If it is not true bourbon distilled where it is claimed to be from, I shy away from it.
              I am with you brother!

Comment

Originally posted by Chadroe View Post
                Talk to me about this one!

Comment

Originally posted by Chadroe View Post
                  Has anyone tried this one?

Very GOOD!

Comment

Buffalo Trace is hard to beat for an inexpensive bourbon.

Comment

I have also become a big fan of Bulleit. Tasty and cheap!

Comment

Bulleit is good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by HillCountryHoyt View Post
                          Talk to me about this one!

The guy at the liqour store just recommended it. Don't know much about it and haven't opened it to try any. He didn't have any of the 22 year. I think this one I have he said was aged maybe 6 years?

Below from website:

A homage to the legendary Stitzel-Weller distillery, Blade and Bow Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey uses a unique Solera System aging process to preserve some of the distillery’s oldest whiskey stocks, including some of the last bourbon produced there before it closed in 1992.

The solera liquid is mingled with other fine whiskies aged and bottled at Stitzel-Weller. Aged in new charred American white oak barrels, this bourbon has a subtle aroma of fresh fruit and a taste that includes hints of dried apricot, ripe pear and a sweet roasted grain. The finish has notes of charred oak and warm winter spices.

Blade and Bow Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey received a GOLD MEDAL at the 2015 San Francisco World Spirits Competition.

Collect the five distinct keys - some rarer than others - that adorn every bottle.

Comment

I'm q'ing up some ribs and enjoying the last of a bottle of Jameson my brother left at my house.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                              Buffalo Trace is hard to beat for an inexpensive bourbon.

Truth here! When I find it in the 1.75ml I jump on it!

Comment

I like Four Roses Single Barrel the most. Mixed with air & ice!!

Comment

Working...
                                X