X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
    It certainly has some “kick”.....
    That's a good bourbon, does have some "umphf." Couple thoughts to try is Evan Williams Single Barrel and Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, both around $30-35 with really good tasting notes. PegLeg Porker Bourbon is distributed in OK too, at $50 I rate it as a buy, made by Master BBQer, Casey Bringle.
    Drink Responsibly and Often,

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
      That's a good bourbon, does have some "umphf." Couple thoughts to try is Evan Williams Single Barrel and Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, both around $30-35 with really good tasting notes. PegLeg Porker Bourbon is distributed in OK too, at $50 I rate it as a buy, made by Master BBQer, Casey Bringle.
      I just polished off my bottle of Peg Leg Porker 12 last week. Very unique flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
        I appreciate that info.

Comment

I’m a newb to the Bourbon scene. I’ve been reading this thread for a bit and decided to pick up this bottle today. I looked for Weller 12 and Blantons, but they didn’t have any (I’m in Oklahoma). I did see many others that have been mentioned in this thread. The EH Taylor, Elija Craig small batch, Angels Envy, some green label Weller, Basil Hayden....etc. This bottle of EH Taylor was $47.** plus tax. I have no idea if that’s a decent price? The Elija Craig Small batch (750ml) was $29. I’ll open this bottle up and see how it goes.
          This is one of my favorites. If I see it I will usually buy it. Dang good around a campfire rehashing a day's bowhunt.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
            I just polished off my bottle of Peg Leg Porker 12 last week. Very unique flavor.

You reading my mail? Looking for some 12 year old now. Friend secured another 8 for me [emoji590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was cleaning out cabinets today at the house and I found this half bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label. It was my Dad’s (I live in the house he lived in before he passed). I’m guessing it’s been the cabinet since the late 1990’s to early 2000’s maybe. I remember seeing it in the cabinet when I was a late teenager. Dads been gone 11yrs. I looked it up online and it seems like it’s a $180-$200 bottle (the stuff for sale now anyway). I took a little taste. I didn’t notice much, but I’m not an experienced scotch/whiskey drinker. Seemed pretty mellow. Not a lot of kick in the front. I’ll save it. Maybe have a drink from the bottle sometime down the road.
              Attached Files

Comment

Been looking for some of this for a while. Pretty excited to try it.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2813.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	24575163

Comment

Ahhh.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                    Ahhh.

One of the great ones

Comment

Comment

Just polished off my Willett rye. I really enjoyed that one.

Comment

I was cleaning out cabinets today at the house and I found this half bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label. It was my Dad’s (I live in the house he lived in before he passed). I’m guessing it’s been the cabinet since the late 1990’s to early 2000’s maybe. I remember seeing it in the cabinet when I was a late teenager. Dads been gone 11yrs. I looked it up online and it seems like it’s a $180-$200 bottle (the stuff for sale now anyway). I took a little taste. I didn’t notice much, but I’m not an experienced scotch/whiskey drinker. Seemed pretty mellow. Not a lot of kick in the front. I’ll save it. Maybe have a drink from the bottle sometime down the road.
                          That will be a great bottle to have a drink from every so often in remembrance of your dad. Lost my dad in my early 20s and wish he were still here to share a drink with.

Comment

I stopped by stranahans in Denver yesterday and did a flight.
                            I had their Single Barrel, Diamond Peak, and Snowflake.
                            The snowflake was the best of the group and reminded me of Jack Daniels Gold due to the florality of it. Overall I wasn't crazy about any of them.

Comment

Laying it down on the patio this evening at my apt in Houston, and just finished a late afternoon trip to the range.. i wish it was on a 1000 outside of Rocksprings but this will do for now!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                                Laying it down on the patio this evening at my apt in Houston, and just finished a late afternoon trip to the range.. i wish it was on a 1000 outside of Rocksprings but this will do for now!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                                Where is that range in Rocksprings? Public or private?

Comment

Working...
                                X