No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love Crown, but during the hunting season I pick up a bottle of Evan Williams Apple Orchard and a bottle of Troubadour Whiskey (locally made in Orange, Tx).

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
      I went to Fredricksberg with my wife this past weekend. The only stop I wanted to make was Garrison Brothers in Hye, TX on the way into town. I lucked out and they had some of the Cowboy Bourbon for sale. This stuff is very limited production and pretty hard to find from what I understand. What makes it different is that it is "uncut" and 137 proof. I'm going to let that one sit for awhile until a special occasion.

Pick up a bottle of single barrel to drink!

The tour was really cool. Awesome little business they have going on!!

Im curious how much each of those cost? And do you know if that brewery is open tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Im curious how much each of those cost? And do you know if that brewery is open tomorrow?

Yes they should be open today. The single barrel was about $90 and the cowboy about $30 more than that.

Comment

I am working in Northern Kentucky. I have been here since January. There are some monster deer up here, and a lot of bourbon distilleries. I am really digging this place. I have been to Wild Turkey, Jim Beam, Four Roses, Woodford, and Makers so far. These tours are all pretty much the same. Wild turkey was the one were I found something called 81. For all around sipping whiskey that is the smootest I've ever tried. I only buy one bottle at a time now, this way the only drinking problem I can develope is wanting another bottle of 81. If they start putting this in half gallons I may be in trouble. If you you ever get up this way hit one of these tours. They are all really good. Before I get out of here I want to fill up my bourbon trail passport. I am subscribed to this thread now for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw713 View Post
            try Cody Road, you won't be disappointed

I'm a Cody Road fan as well. Second bottle was even better then the first!

Comment

Originally posted by txjustin View Post
              Sippin on some Angels Envy right now...
              That is some good stuff there!!

Comment

On sale at Specs tonight, but will be a regular in my house from now on. Great stuff!

Comment

Four Roses mostly, but also Rebecca Creek, and 40 Creek.

Comment

Rebecca Creek is releasing it's Single Malt on Monday, but I swung by the distillery today, since it's near my house and asked if they were selling any before Monday, and......they were! Best part was they offered a sample before I bought it. Not bad...not bad!

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tyak View Post
                      Just tried this tonight (still drinking it). Dang good stuff.

Comment

I have been drinking a good bit of Wild Turkey 81. I guess that is what happens when you spend the better part of this year in Kentucky. I have had a some really good bourbon here. Does anyone have any good scotch recommendations? I have tried a few and like them. None of them have just blown me away.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                          Rebecca Creek is releasing it's Single Malt on Monday, but I swung by the distillery today, since it's near my house and asked if they were selling any before Monday, and......they were! Best part was they offered a sample before I bought it. Not bad...not bad!

http://rebeccacreekdistillery.com/re...ied=af03239528
                          I like me some Rebecca Creek.

Comment

Angels envy is yummy

Comment

Fourty creek copper pot ain't no slouch

Comment

Basil Hayden, pappy van winkle!

Comment

Working...
                                X