The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewTexian View Post

Picked up the Glenfiddich Winter Storm and Fire and cane this week. The winter storm is well worth the price!

Really like the Winter Storm. Wish it were a little cheaper, but it is delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a nice pickup today myself. Kind of late in the season for it, so was happy to see one, even if it was $10 over MSRP.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
        Feeling emotional....the local mom and pop Liquor store I always went to is closing up shop after 9 years.....There goes my hook up for Blantons, Weller 12, and Weller Antique......They couldn't keep up with the monster chains that moved in. Sad day. I would stop there almost daily for a scratch off or a cold diet coke from the case just to say hello. Every once and while they would have something set aside for me.

That's stinks. Stopped at a small store out near Greene last weekend, bought 3 bottles for no good reason other than they were nice folk and I like to shop local.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
          Had a nice pickup today myself. Kind of late in the season for it, so was happy to see one, even if it was $10 over MSRP.

Very nice.

Comment

Nice

Comment

If you know then you know!Click image for larger version

Name:	F3CB86D6-FF11-4497-B7D1-01CEBD7E969E.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	24571038

Comment

Has anyone tried the knob creek double rye yet?
                I've been enjoying some EC and 1792 barrel picks of the last couple weeks.
                I really like the poison girl 9yr RC pick.

Comment

Over the last year, I’ve learned to better appreciate whiskey, bourbon in particular.

I was recently gifted a bottle of JD Barrel Proof. 133 proof. Im not typically a JD fan but that bottle was a total game changer for me.

My typical go-to at a place with limited selection is Bulleit neat. With that in mind, along with my recent appreciation for cask strength/barrel proof whiskey, my gf bought me a bottle for Valentine’s Day. While it's no Blanton's, which I tried for the first time last week, I'm excited to try it ...

Got a running list of bottles from this thread to try.

Last edited by BlackHogDown; 02-13-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Opened a SFTB tonight

Comment

Opened a SFTB tonight

How'd it go?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                        How'd it go?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Loving this one and wishing I had ordered another SFTB instead of an extra Blantons Gold. Great flavor and a nice finish with a Kentucky Hug at the end.

Comment

Whats the going rate for a bottle of Kentucky Owl? The local specs has about 8 bottles or one kind and a few bottles of another. One bottle is around $235 and the other is about $150. I think I may pick up a few bottles and just stash them for the future

Comment

It was a good Fryeday.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
                              Whats the going rate for a bottle of Kentucky Owl? The local specs has about 8 bottles or one kind and a few bottles of another. One bottle is around $235 and the other is about $150. I think I may pick up a few bottles and just stash them for the future
                              Which ones? Bourbon is $295ish and Ryes generally 180-200

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                It was a good Fryeday.

Willet 4yr the winner? Or if it’s 3yr I’ll guess Michters

Comment

Working...
                                X