The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ridge reaper View Post
    I'm usually a beer guy put long hours at work and cooler temperatures got me in the mood for somthing stronger. I'm on Knob Creek now and I like Rebacca Creek as well. This thread makes me wanna hit specs and try some others!
    try Cody Road, you won't be disappointed

Comment

Originally posted by outlaw713 View Post
      try Cody Road, you won't be disappointed
      10/4 I will be looking for it.

Comment

1835 is smooth

Comment

Originally posted by btreybig View Post
          Hard to believe that a bourbon that good came from Japan. I have been wanting to get the 18yr but... my pockets aren't that deep! Maybe one day I'll splurge.
          That sir is more along the line of scotch than bourbon... but I have heard GREAT things about it.

Tried the Balcones Single malt last night, good stuff. Dark, not as smokey as I exspected...

Comment

Angels Envy new favorite. Bulleit still top of list

Comment

Has anyone tried this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadroe View Post
                Has anyone tried this one?

Yup! I'll take it if you don't like it.

Comment

George dickel, crown

Comment

I went to Fredricksberg with my wife this past weekend. The only stop I wanted to make was Garrison Brothers in Hye, TX on the way into town. I lucked out and they had some of the Cowboy Bourbon for sale. This stuff is very limited production and pretty hard to find from what I understand. What makes it different is that it is "uncut" and 137 proof. I'm going to let that one sit for awhile until a special occasion.

Pick up a bottle of single barrel to drink!

The tour was really cool. Awesome little business they have going on!!

Comment

Wow! Nice find!

Comment

In San Antonio today and tomorrow only. 1.75 ml Rebecca Creek on sale at Gabriel's Liquor for 29.99!!! Limit one, but I bought 2!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                          I went to Fredricksberg with my wife this past weekend. The only stop I wanted to make was Garrison Brothers in Hye, TX on the way into town. I lucked out and they had some of the Cowboy Bourbon for sale. This stuff is very limited production and pretty hard to find from what I understand. What makes it different is that it is "uncut" and 137 proof. I'm going to let that one sit for awhile until a special occasion.

Pick up a bottle of single barrel to drink!

The tour was really cool. Awesome little business they have going on!!

I personally like Garrison Brothers and so does my wife. Great tour.

Comment

Sippin on some Angels Envy right now...

Comment

I've been a Makers Mark man for years but I understand they were acquired by a Japanese company last year. I've been told that they didn't change anything, but it still sticks in my craw a bit. I've been drinking a bit of Buffalo Trace lately, but I'm not ready to call it my new go to. I've added a few new names to the test list after reading this.

By the way, I would never brutalize good whiskey with ice and would certainly never dishonor it with syrupy seltzer water. I was drinking whiskey neat at a bar while on a business trip last year and a young girl approached me. She asked what I was drinking. I simply replied "whiskey". "In what" she asked. I held the whiskey up to the light and studied it for a moment, then turned to her and responded "a glass". I wish I would have had a camera to take a photo of the look she shot me.

Comment

Originally posted by .270 View Post
                                In San Antonio today and tomorrow only. 1.75 ml Rebecca Creek on sale at Gabriel's Liquor for 29.99!!! Limit one, but I bought 2!!!!

Bought 2 of them myself. Not a bad blended whiskey.

Comment

Working...
                                X