The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
    I am a fan of 1792 full proof, but this one is pretty tasty as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I missed these the other day when they came in. I did grab a full proof single barrel store pick though

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
      What is retail on the Blantons? I have seen a couple bottles this week but wasn't sure what it should be priced at.
      Last year I paid $62. I haven't found a bottle since. My wife stopped at a liquor store on Friday and asked for me and they just sold their last bottle. But they were selling them for $99. I wouldn't pay $99 for it.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
        Last year I paid $62. I haven't found a bottle since. My wife stopped at a liquor store on Friday and asked for me and they just sold their last bottle. But they were selling them for $99. I wouldn't pay $99 for it.
        I bought around a dozen @ $51 2 years ago. Last year I bought 2-3 @ $71. It ain’t worth $71 and I’m done paying for mid grade bourbon at premium price because they are holding out.

I hold out for deals when I find and buy it all. Or stick to affordable daily stuff (WT 101)

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          I bought around a dozen @ $51 2 years ago. Last year I bought 2-3 @ $71. It ain’t worth $71 and I’m done paying for mid grade bourbon at premium price because they are holding out.

I hold out for deals when I find and buy it all. Or stick to affordable daily stuff (WT 101)
          When I get it it’s $59-$69. One per person and it’s only every couple months. I just get on all the lists and sometimes I get one call sometimes get 2-3

Comment

Well....... trying the Angel Envy rye. Pretty tasty stuff. I’d say it has a sweet toasty note to it along with a mild bite. I know it’s finished in rum casks and it shows. I’d buy it again. May try their bourbon next to compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

On board with the Jefferson Ocean. Pretty partial to all the Jefferson bourbons...

Comment

Comment

My FIL likes Crown, but I would like to get him a bottle of something nicer for Christmas. What is something around the $50 mark that has a similar taste?

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
                    My FIL likes Crown, but I would like to get him a bottle of something nicer for Christmas. What is something around the $50 mark that has a similar taste?
                    I've found a lot of people that like Crown don't like bourbon. I would stick with Crown and get him a bottle of Reserve or XR

Comment

Yea I know but it’s hard to pay that when I had just picked one up for $40! I did buy the only half gallon they had for $100
                      $100 for a half gallon of the W12?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                        $100 for a half gallon of the W12?
                        ya

Comment

I've found a lot of people that like Crown don't like bourbon. I would stick with Crown and get him a bottle of Reserve or XR
                          Thanks, will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                            Well y’all are killing me with all these hard to find whiskeys. Did a little shopping today and couldn’t find any of the EHTaylors, Blantons, or Pappys. I did find this though. Will be the most most expensive Rye I’ve had so far but can’t wait to try it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            I have really enjoyed this as a desert rye!

Comment

Yes, please.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                                Noah’s doesn’t get high marks from my group either.

I agree. Didn't seem near as good as the 1920.

Comment

Working...
                                X