The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
    It is my next pick up after a good recommendation here!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I highly recommend it! It's one of the best I've had in awhile for the price point.

Comment

Does anyone in the Houston area know where to find the newest Whiskey Row release from OF?
      It's been getting great reviews thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
        Does anyone in the Houston area know where to find the newest Whiskey Row release from OF?
        It's been getting great reviews thus far.
        http://www.gobourbon.com/old-foreste...eries-endgame/
        Just saw the 1910 at Spec's in the Woodlands and they had the whole series at the new total wine in the Woodlands

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          Killed it last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          It’s a good pour for sure, nice price too

Comment

Anyone tried this one from Bowman? I’m going in!

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
              Has anyone else had the Old Forester Prohibition?
              I picked up a bottle last week and have been really enjoying it.
              It is really good and readily available. I like it for a change of pace bourbon.

Comment

Originally posted by elkaholic9292 View Post
                Anyone tried this one from Bowman? I’m going in!
                It is a little too sweet for me and the port barrel finishing is a little too evident and takes away from the bourbon. My wife likes it more than I do. I much prefer the John J. Bowman Single Barrel.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                  It is a little too sweet for me and the port barrel finishing is a little too evident and takes away from the bourbon. My wife likes it more than I do. I much prefer the John J. Bowman Single Barrel.
                  Sounds like an experiment worth trying, mixing the two. Frankinbowman!

Comment

So along the lines of mixing, I mixed two of my favorites and in my opion, have created my perfect bourbon. 60% JJB 40% ECBP. Man it is so good. You still get the massive flavor profile from the ECBP, but cut down with the delicious JJB. Highly recommend trying it! Cheers.

Comment

So along the lines of mixing, I mixed two of my favorites and in my opion, have created my perfect bourbon. 60% JJB 40% ECBP. Man it is so good. You still get the massive flavor profile from the ECBP, but cut down with the delicious JJB. Highly recommend trying it! Cheers.
                      I am with you on the JJB, but I am not sure I am in with the ECBP. Mine tastes like you would want to clean engine parts in it so far. I was hoping if I let it hang out for a while it might taste better.

Comment

I gotta try this!

Comment

Man, that does sound like a good mix.. did you just use a bottle to store?

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                            Man, that does sound like a good mix.. did you just use a bottle to store?

Nah. Just poured it straight into my glass.

Comment

Nah. Just poured it straight into my glass.
                              Lol.. perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                                I am with you on the JJB, but I am not sure I am in with the ECBP. Mine tastes like you would want to clean engine parts in it so far. I was hoping if I let it hang out for a while it might taste better.
                                Mine was that way and I put it up after the first glass. About 2 months after opening it was great and is still an awesome pour.

Comment

Working...
                                X