No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get on their website and sign up for the news letter. They sent out an email announcing the lottery for the single barrel. If selected you had to go to the distillery in Waco and pick your reserved bottle up. Only a hundred people were selected out of over 1000 entries. I probably will hold out a while for something really special before cracking this bottle. I did get to pick up an additional bottle of the single malt. They limit one bottle per person. The fox as pictured above is not the single malt.

Comment

Ok, still cool that it's a single barrel... I'm gona have to just take a day off and go visit the distillery

Comment

Man you guys have opened my interest to try some of the whiskeys!

Anyone planning on going to the Whiskeys of the world show in Austin this year? Its September 17 and one in Houston on September 19. I have heard the Austin show is an awesome experience.

Comment

Not sure if it was new or rerun (or even mentioned here, lazy and haven't read the whole thread) but Texas Country Reporter had a story on Garrison Brothers today. True Texas bourbon, all organic Texas ingredients.

Comment

Just popped cork on a bottle of 4 Roses single barrel.....pretty good.

Comment

I hear great things about 4 Roses single barrel

Anyone ever tried Henry McKenna 10 year single barrel?

My buddy derrik and I would grab a gallon of the sour mash straight whiskey on our way to the deer lease in college. Cheap but goood mixing bourbon.

Comment

Buffalo Trace is good on the rocks

Comment

4 roses is good also. I drink it when I'm alone or with other folks

Comment

Never had 4 roses gonna have to try it,

Comment

F.I.L. just sent a picture... HE FOUND A BOTTLE of Balcones single malt. Promised to wait to me to open it pumped

Comment

Where's the picture

Comment

This is pretty good stuff. I do still prefer Yellow Rose however.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Trying this tonight Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437260134.568799.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	24391838

Comment

Today's purchases. Just got back from the tour of brewery and distillary at Ranger Creek here in San Antonio. If you in this neck of the woods, it is well worth it! Tidbit of info, if a bourbon is made here in Texas is will say it was "distilled" here in Texas. Only handful of true Texas bourbons, everyone else orders from up North and slaps a Texas label on it.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
                                Not sure if it was new or rerun (or even mentioned here, lazy and haven't read the whole thread) but Texas Country Reporter had a story on Garrison Brothers today. True Texas bourbon, all organic Texas ingredients.
                                Been there and enjoy the whiskey, but expensive. Some need to research what it takes to be called a Straight Bourbon Whiskey, which Garrison's Bros is. Not knocking any others, as there are a bunch that are great tasting but there is a difference between Straight Bourbon Whiskey and the others. there has to be certain standards done to have the label, Straight Bourbon Whiskey from what I know.

Comment

Working...
                                X