No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an office in Franklin, but had a business meeting in Rosenberg yesterday and made a few stops on stores to see if I could find a hidden gem. I stopped in Bellville and asked if they had a bottle or Blantons or Elmer T Lee. Of course the answer was no, but did she sure put so much attitude and sass into her no. Said that when does gets blantons it goes to only guy in town and I am not him. Lol

There was a first choice liquor off 99 that I stopped by. Had Blantons but wanted $100 for it. Tried to talk the owner down on price but he said that he put it that morning and would have it sold by the evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
      I have an office in Franklin, but had a business meeting in Rosenberg yesterday and made a few stops on stores to see if I could find a hidden gem. I stopped in Bellville and asked if they had a bottle or Blantons or Elmer T Lee. Of course the answer was no, but did she sure put so much attitude and sass into her no. Said that when does gets blantons it goes to only guy in town and I am not him. Lol

There was a first choice liquor off 99 that I stopped by. Had Blantons but wanted $100 for it. Tried to talk the owner down on price but he said that he put it that morning and would have it sold by the evening.

Good on you for not overpaying for good bourbon. If idiots quite paying double retail for bottles, the prices will HAVE to come down eventually.

This week I found an Elmer for $100, Hancock's for $100, Rock Hill Farms for $149, Blanton's for $90, etc....they're all still sitting on the shelf. In the last few months, I've found each of those at retail elsewhere.

Comment

What "should" a bottle of Blanton's cost?

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
          Good on you for not overpaying for good bourbon. If idiots quite paying double retail for bottles, the prices will HAVE to come down eventually.

This week I found an Elmer for $100, Hancock's for $100, Rock Hill Farms for $149, Blanton's for $90, etc....they're all still sitting on the shelf. In the last few months, I've found each of those at retail elsewhere.
          You can buy most of those cheaper including shipping off secondary market

Comment

Originally posted by chehunt View Post
            60-75 is the range I find them

Comment

Retail is ~$65 w/ tax.

Comment

I paid $54 plus tax yesterday at specs for Blanton's

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Errrbody looking for Blanton’s. There are some choices that are better and you can find.

EHT Small Batch (getting harder to find)
                  John J Bowman (getting harder to find)
                  Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition (easy to find)
                  Old Grand Dad 114 (bottom shelf)

Then there is a list of rye’s that are great and easier to find.

Comment

Anybody try the spirit of Texas single malt whiskey out of pflugerville..my liquor store has it for $50

Comment

Inventory day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        Inventory day.

Wow, a whiskey hoarder!

Comment

Chase, I know where the next "TBH" get together needs to be located!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            Wow, a whiskey hoarder!

Hardly so. As much as Chase drinks and shares this is just a good supply. Now hoarders have 100s of bottles tucked away in cabinets and bunkers. I know, I used to hoard ammo but lost it all in the flood of 2016. I envy your friends Chase. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                              Hardly so. As much as Chase drinks and shares this is just a good supply. Now hoarders have 100s of bottles tucked away in cabinets and bunkers. I know, I used to hoard ammo but lost it all in the flood of 2016. I envy your friends Chase. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              Best part is to see those nice bottles get opened and drank

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                                Inventory day.

You need help.............................I'll be right over!

Comment

Working...
                                X