The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    Nice! SFTB is great. I picked up a Gold, too. My Blanton’s collection got crazy as well. At one point I had 12 minis. I’ve given a bunch away and traded a few 750mls. It’s a great daily drinker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh wow. We work with a bunch of Canadians so hopefully I never have a Blantons issue again. My regulars would be worse if I hadn’t had 2-3 others given as gifts

Comment

Anybody tried this? I’ve had it before while traveling out of state and finally saw a bottle locally and picked it up. I really like it and hope it gets distributed here on a regular basis.

Comment

Comment

Scoooorrrreeee

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            Nice

Comment

What he said!

Note: NDN98, bphillips, Chase
              I am available, on a limited basis, for tastings and hunting ventures. I'm almost 60, grumpy, opinionated, hard worker, but can bring bourbon, can tell great stories that really entertain me, and help clean the kitchen.
              Steady, Dozier

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                Small batch or Single Barrel? 4g goes for about 360-375 secondary
                I have 2 of the SB in the bunker. What are you looking to trade?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightinaggies View Post
                  I have 2 of the SB in the bunker. What are you looking to trade?
                  I’m looking for Single Barrel. Can trade ECBP, W12, ETL, Blanton’s, KO, YKY, etc.

Comment

I’m a relative nubie to drinking whiskey 🥃 say maybe 7-8 years ?

Started off drinking Crown Royal. Got drunk a few times on it and enjoyed it enough to drink Crown Royal Reserve.

Thought I was drinking the sheeeeetz all these years until the hottie I was dating bought be a bottle of Woodford Double Oaked Reserve , which said “bourbon” for hooking her up on her Benz lease. Tasted great and opened my mind to try new and different whiskey.

So I start learning Rye whiskey, Sour mash whiskey and Malt whiskey. Wow !

So I read up on them. I found out the good ole USA [emoji631] has stringent rules for labeling whiskey 🥃 based on content of its mix. 51% rye is minimum to be called whiskey, 51% sour mash for Bourbon 🥃.

Meanwhile in Canada [emoji1063] ? No rules. They can call a bourbon a whiskey if they like or a whiskey a bourbon without the contents being dominant % wise.

I know most of you guys knew this already ! But being Italian, and more of a Vino drinker most my life, it was an eye opener. I might have the facts off a bit, but it was a great Wikipedia read for me.

I’ve decided I prefer the USA [emoji631] whiskey and Rye over the bourbon(corn), and I’m not much for the Canadian stuff anymore ,,,, lol [emoji23]

Comment

I’m looking for Single Barrel. Can trade ECBP, W12, ETL, Blanton’s, KO, YKY, etc.

I’ll PM you, we can work something out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had some luck today, Stagg JR was only $41 and they had a ton of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Where do you get the small bottles of Blantans?

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                            Where do you get the small bottles of Blantans?
                            They are about 10x as hard to find as the big ones. LoL. I got lucky and bought a case at Specs.

Comment

They are about 10x as hard to find as the big ones. LoL. I got lucky and bought a case at Specs.

Cool, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                                What he said!

Note: NDN98, bphillips, Chase
                                I am available, on a limited basis, for tastings and hunting ventures. I'm almost 60, grumpy, opinionated, hard worker, but can bring bourbon, can tell great stories that really entertain me, and help clean the kitchen.
                                Steady, Dozier
                                My wife says I am grumpy and opinionated too, but I think that is fake news! I know for a fact I get less grumpy when drinking bourbon!

Comment

Working...
                                X