The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .270 View Post
    Agreed. I bought it when if first came out. I am about finished with it. Not sure if I will buy it again. Lower proof makes for a good weekday sipper, however for the same price point I would rather grab an EH Taylor or Michters.
    You guys are expensive friends to have.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
      You guys are expensive friends to have.

Very nice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        Couple favorites tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I could have bought the Kentucky Owl tonight. Went with the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof instead.

Comment

I could have bought the Kentucky Owl tonight. Went with the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof instead.

And another Blantons.

Comment

I haven’t cracked open my Kentucky Rye yet, might have to this weekend. I know where a 2nd bottle can be had as well. Hated to buy the 2nd one without trying the first bottle.

Comment

Excellent choice! It is in my top 3 favorites

For a scotch guy you’ve jumped right into the deep end lately!

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                Excellent choice! It is in my top 3 favorites

For a scotch guy you’ve jumped right into the deep end lately!
                I know. You guys are such a bad influece on me. Thankfully, Chase This still makes my collection look weak.

I like that I can wait for y'all to find out whether they are good or not before I buy it though. I wonder if I even like Scotch now?

Comment

It’s phenomenal.
                  Chase This, you know of which you speak. Good grief this stuff is dangerous. Easy, smooth, light, but flavorful. Thia stuff is good y'all.

Comment

Chase This, you know of which you speak. Good grief this stuff is dangerous. Easy, smooth, light, but flavorful. Thia stuff is good y'all.

And we have another John J Bowman convert.

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                      And we have another John J Bowman convert.
                      I can't say I am not. This is one of the better ones you guys have tuned me onto. This is one of those bottles that will just keep disappearing. It is really cool that you can find it in the stores. That tells me that the distillery has it figured out. Most of these are like Easter Eggs. I walk into a store and mention it and they offer to put me on a list.

Comment

Booker's

I found this yesterday. Has anyone tried this batch? The story behind this bottle is pretty neat!

The third in the 2016 series of Booker's Bourbon was released in June and named after Marilyn “Toogie” ****, a lifelong friend of the family who met late distiller Booker and his wife Annis Noe back in high school. Toogie was a regular member of the original round-table who selected the first batches of Booker's Bourbon. Some 375 barrels of Kentucky bourbon that have aged at least 6 years, 4 months, and 4 days were selected by distiller Fred Noe from 6 different rack-houses to create this batch. Like all releases in the series, it's bottled at cask strength, 64.5% ABV.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Good deal. Glad you enjoyed it. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
                            I found this yesterday. Has anyone tried this batch? The story behind this bottle is pretty neat!

The third in the 2016 series of Booker's Bourbon was released in June and named after Marilyn “Toogie” ****, a lifelong friend of the family who met late distiller Booker and his wife Annis Noe back in high school. Toogie was a regular member of the original round-table who selected the first batches of Booker's Bourbon. Some 375 barrels of Kentucky bourbon that have aged at least 6 years, 4 months, and 4 days were selected by distiller Fred Noe from 6 different rack-houses to create this batch. Like all releases in the series, it's bottled at cask strength, 64.5% ABV.
                            The only Booker’s I have tried and enjoyed is the Rye. Which is absolutely impossible to find. Let us know how you like it.

Comment

Haven't been able to find it in store sooo.. my first ever Blantons.. it's delish!

Comment

Good deal. Glad you enjoyed it. Cheers.
                                I might have enjoyed it a little too much. Note to self: read the proof before you pour that fourth and fifth glass...

Comment

Working...
                                X