No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a couple good ones in LA. Neither disappointed. I like the Pappy 15 more than the 23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

En route to grandpa’s 90th bday party. Time to open something good.

Comment

I bought a couple bottles of bourbon today, amongst other things.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
          Had a couple good ones in LA. Neither disappointed. I like the Pappy 15 more than the 23.

I’ve never tried any of the “pappy” line up... mainly because I’ve never seen a single bottle anywhere... ever

BUT... in my mind aging bourbon”23 years” almost twice what anyone else is even attempting to do seems/ is more a marketing ploy. If the taste profile lent it to be more worthy (at any price point) many more would offer something in the age ( I would think)

Would love to try ( find a bar that had any) to base my own factual opinions but have just never seen it, even at places claiming to have it. I would almost predict the 15 more my taste as well with 23 over oaking the profile ( just a guess)

.. won’t buy a bottle (unless it was just a freak steal) due to the 4-5 I know that have tried all and have a better knowledge than I said there’s better for 1/3... but that’s all individuals preference

Comment

En route to grandpa’s 90th bday party. Time to open something good.
            Sweet! Happy birthday to the ol fella! Keep us posted on the choice.. we'll live vicariously through you!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerBob View Post
              [ATTACH]905324[/ATTACH]

Picked this one up today. Anyone tried it?
              I picked up a bottle last year. Some people love it, but I didn't care for it. Got a buddy that thinks it is the best sub $50 bourbon out there. May just have been a bad bottle I got. Since it is a single barrel, there will be a little variation depending on what barrel your bottle came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                I’ve never tried any of the “pappy” line up... mainly because I’ve never seen a single bottle anywhere... ever

BUT... in my mind aging bourbon”23 years” almost twice what anyone else is even attempting to do seems/ is more a marketing ploy. If the taste profile lent it to be more worthy (at any price point) many more would offer something in the age ( I would think)

Would love to try ( find a bar that had any) to base my own factual opinions but have just never seen it, even at places claiming to have it. I would almost predict the 15 more my taste as well with 23 over oaking the profile ( just a guess)

.. won’t buy a bottle (unless it was just a freak steal) due to the 4-5 I know that have tried all and have a better knowledge than I said there’s better for 1/3... but that’s all individuals preference
                https://www.unionbear.com/ has Pappy, 3 different ages. I didn't buy any, too expensive. They are in Plano.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Can’t get site to work. I’d never buy a full bottle anyway. Don’t care how good it is, none is worth $250+ I don’t care if it’s made from unicorn urine aged in diamond crusted barrels stored on Uranus... it’s grain alcohol that you will pee out in the end. Now if it came with a service like a car wash and mow my yard and feed the dogs ok we can deal but for now it’s a collectors item... I hoard for later use not collect

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    Can’t get site to work. I’d never buy a full bottle anyway. Don’t care how good it is, none is worth $250+ I don’t care if it’s made from unicorn urine aged in diamond crusted barrels stored on Uranus... it’s grain alcohol that you will pee out in the end. Now if it came with a service like a car wash and mow my yard and feed the dogs ok we can deal but for now it’s a collectors item... I hoard for later use not collect
                    I hear ya, and it's by the glass. It's a brewery, so they don't sell bottles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

TX or Jim Beam

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                        I bought a couple bottles of bourbon today, amongst other things.

Where did you score that Coconut Temptress???

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
                          What's the avg price point on The Blk Prince?

$450ish is retail.
                          The one I saw yesterday was $430

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                            Where did you score that Coconut Temptress???

Total Wine in Allen, TX. I know some grocery stores have it too, because I picked up some last Saturday at one by my house.

Comment

Today was a good day.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X