No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a bottle of Willet Estate Rye today. Anxious to try it but I gotta finish the Eagle Rare first.

Comment

anybody ever try Troubadour whiskey? I bought it several times and really liked the stuff, but haven't been able to find it in awhile. I guess they don't make it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Gonna pick this one up for a party on my days off. Have heard nothing but good said about it. I’ve never had a scotch I liked so we will see
        It’s a good pour for sure, really smooth and not too strong for someone who is t used to scotch

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
          Picked up a bottle of Willet Estate Rye today. Anxious to try it but I gotta finish the Eagle Rare first.
          Why do you have to finish the Eagle Rare first? I generally have 15-25 different bottles of bourbon, rye, or Scotch open at any given time. I like having a little variety when my palate is craving certain flavors.

That being said, I do get some eye rolls form the wife when my pantry shelf is full and pushing 25 different bottles, but she doesn't say much, because she knows I could complain about how many pairs of shoes she has.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            Switching it up. Trying to take it easy on the EC18! This one is also very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I’ve been looking for this bottle, haven’t had any luck though.

Comment

Just met up with Chase This, he’s a great guy and got me my first bottle of Weller 12!

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                Why do you have to finish the Eagle Rare first? I generally have 15-25 different bottles of bourbon, rye, or Scotch open at any given time. I like having a little variety when my palate is craving certain flavors.

That being said, I do get some eye rolls form the wife when my pantry shelf is full and pushing 25 different bottles, but she doesn't say much, because she knows I could complain about how many pairs of shoes she has.
                Well I suppose I don’t have too. I’ve read previously that its best to drink a bottle within 90 days for best flavor and less oxidation. I tend to finish one before starting the next mostly because of this, but it may also be an ocd thing. I believe I’ve read the opposite opinion on this thread regarding the time and flavor. I’d be interested to hear more details and opinions on this.

Regarding the wife, I already have a closet full of beer that i’m working my way through. I should probably get that all cleared out and drank before I fill it up with whiskey bottles.
                Last edited by MetalMan2004; 04-02-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
                  Just met up with Chase This, he’s a great guy and got me my first bottle of Weller 12!
                  Nice meeting you and glad I could help. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by TexZ71 View Post
                    Enjoy it, solid drink.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                      Downtown Houston Specs has it. I10 and bingle specs has it I believe and I’ve seen it at Total Wine before.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                        Total Wine gets it a lot. They’re recently had the rye and a really nice store pick Full proof

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                          Regarding the wife, I already have a closet full of beer that i’m working my way through. I should probably get that all cleared out and drank before I fill it up with whiskey bottles.
                          Now that sounds like a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                            Total Wine gets it a lot. They’re recently had the rye and a really nice store pick Full proof
                            Never seen it at any big liquor store. I found this one off the beaten path. The Sweat Wheat is very hard to find.
                            Last edited by Chase This!; 04-03-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Never seen it at any big liquor store. I found this one off the beaten path. The Sweat Wheat is very hard to find.
                              Right, I can find all the others, just not the Sweet Wheat.

Comment

Dang I guess I should have picked it up. I’ve seen it probably 3 times in the last couple months at Total Wine

I’ve been really impressed with that line, especially for the price

Comment

Working...
                                X