No announcement yet.

The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny story... I was in Manila on business and was walking though duty free and noticed a single bottle of The Yamazaki 2016 Sherry Cask sitting on the shelf. Price said 5000 which I translated to 50:1 Pesosollar which is 100USD. Picked it up, paid, and walked out.

At the gate I googled and saw it retailed for ~400 and was like... man $100 seems cheap. Pulled out my CC receipt and about had a heart attack. It was not 5000 pesos, like every f’ing thing else, it was 5000 USD. After my heart attack, I walked back to the shop and politely explained my error and they refunded with no problems. I can’t even imagine getting home and THEN realizing. I’m new to Japanese stuff and really couldn’t imagine a Japanese release being 5000 at a retail duty free shop. Live and learn. Thank god they let me return it.

On a side note, I did have a Hibiki 12 & Hibiki 17 flight that was greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Funny story... I was in Manila on business and was walking though duty free and noticed a single bottle of The Yamazaki 2016 Sherry Cask sitting on the shelf. Price said 5000 which I translated to 50:1 Pesosollar which is 100USD. Picked it up, paid, and walked out.

At the gate I googled and saw it retailed for ~400 and was like... man $100 seems cheap. Pulled out my CC receipt and about had a heart attack. It was not 5000 pesos, like every f’ing thing else, it was 5000 USD. After my heart attack, I walked back to the shop and politely explained my error and they refunded with no problems. I can’t even imagine getting home and THEN realizing. I’m new to Japanese stuff and really couldn’t imagine a Japanese release being 5000 at a retail duty free shop. Live and learn. Thank god they let me return it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

That was my face exactly LOL

Comment

Glad they let your return it. I would have been freaking out.

Comment

That was my face exactly LOL
            I think I would have had a heart attack

Comment

Happy little family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working on the shine straight from the ozarks left over from last weeks javi hunt

Comment

Couple new editions.

Comment

Visited Nashville. Store Pic. First I’ve ever seen of it.
                    Was told it was excellent. Time will tell

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post

Visited Nashville. Store Pic. First I’ve ever seen of it.
                      Was told it was excellent. Time will tell

I’ve heard good things about the Belle Meade sherry cask, report back when you crack it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                        Couple new editions.

I really like the Orphan Barrel Barterhouse.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                          I’ve heard good things about the Belle Meade sherry cask, report back when you crack it.
                          I’ve heard the same about the sherry cask. I was very unimpressed with their standard offering

Comment

Originally posted by NDN98 View Post
                            I really like the Orphan Barrel Barterhouse.
                            Rhetoric is awesome if you can find it.

Comment

New additions. Whistle Pig Farm Stock and Taylor 10 year Tawny Port.

Both for nitecaps after a nite on the town with the babe.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                                Rhetoric is awesome if you can find it.
                                That’s good to hear, I found a bottle of 23yo Rhetoric a couple of years ago, haven’t cracked it open yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X