Ways for teacher/coach to supplement income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways for teacher/coach to supplement income

Ideas guys? Looking to make a little spending money on the side. Thought about mowing yards or something like that.

Shoot me some ideas!

I usually just sell some junk I have laying around and don't use. Repurposed furniture is big with the ladies. My MIL does it every now and then and makes some good dollars doing it

Comment

Mowing lawns should make you some money. I always mow my yard but after a recent shoulder surgery I considered having my weeds (yard) mowed by a guy that mows a few of the neighborhood yards. Quoted me $90/per mow if he came twice a month and he said it would cost more if I only call here and there with grass over grown. While most yards in the neibhgorhood including mine are about an acre in size, it seemed a little high so I rigged my mower so I could work it with one arm. Call me cheap but that seemed expensive. At least now only the edges are out of control.

Might offer one to one coaching sessions or weekend sports camps for the kids. Not sure what you might be able to charge though.
      Last edited by Pedernal; 04-06-2015, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Clean dryer vents
        You will need to spend a couple hundred bucks on quality rods and brushes but it will allow to make some spending money. $40-80 per vent

Comment

Sell drugs

or yard work....

Comment

A friend of mine gets a summer job every year and fills in shifts during Christmas and spring break

Comment

Private sports lessons for youth

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Clean dryer vents
                You will need to spend a couple hundred bucks on quality rods and brushes but it will allow to make some spending money. $40-80 per vent

This is interesting to me... Going to have to do some research

Comment

Originally posted by Ballcoach10 View Post
                  This is interesting to me... Going to have to do some research
                  I started doing it a few years ago on my days off from the FD.
                  I didnt grt as much work as i wanted at first but it did make some good extra money. Dryer vents cause about 15k house fires a year. Mine at home was so clogged i cleaned mine and realized there might be a market for it.
                  Google dry vent cleaning. And dryer vent fires.
                  You can do pretty good with the right tools and a little door to door knocking.
                  I also put ads on craigs list and a man called me with 16 4 plexes. I did all of them over a coulle weeks and made good money

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                    Sell drugs

or yard work....

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      I started doing it a few years ago on my days off from the FD.
                      I didnt grt as much work as i wanted at first but it did make some good extra money. Dryer vents cause about 15k house fires a year. Mine at home was so clogged i cleaned mine and realized there might be a market for it.
                      Google dry vent cleaning. And dryer vent fires.
                      You can do pretty good with the right tools and a little door to door knocking.
                      I also put ads on craigs list and a man called me with 16 4 plexes. I did all of them over a coulle weeks and made good money
                      Hmmm this makes me want to go check mine out.

Comment

One of my best buds works shift work at the power plant here in La Grange and has a yard business on the side. Makes around 25k+ per year doing that.

Comment

I coached for 33 years and mowed yards for the last 14 of that career. I got just enough yards to fit into my schedule and made good money.

Comment

Would a kit like this suffice?

Comment

Not sure what you coach but I would use your skillset, education, and contacts that you already have. run strength and speed camps during the Summer and or breaks. I have a friend that is a trainer for adults. He also does Speed camps. I sent my 2 kids to a 3 week speed camp during the Summer. I paid $600 for the 2. I think there were about 12 kids in the camp. It was 4 days a week for 1 1/2 hours. If you do the math that aint bad. He also does weight training and will do groups of 3 high school kids at a time and charges $60 an hour for the group.

Comment

Working...
                              X