No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love Academy. I bought my son one of the Perception Angler 12' kayaks on Monday at regular price. Today, Academy put them on sale for $399, and due to their Price Adjustment window of 14 days, they are mailing the difference back to me!!!

So, DEAL ALERT: Academy has the Pescador Angler 12 on sale for $399!

Comment

Originally posted by RedRaider323 View Post
      Gotta love Academy. I bought my son one of the Perception Angler 12' kayaks on Monday at regular price. Today, Academy put them on sale for $399, and due to their Price Adjustment window of 14 days, they are mailing the difference back to me!!!

So, DEAL ALERT: Academy has the Pescador Angler 12 on sale for $399!
      Awesome.

Last year they put the old model on 299 while the new ones where 399. We went to local store, nada. Called katy store and they say they have one. Run out there and it's a 10 footer. Talked to manager and get 500 new model for 299

Comment

Took it out to lake conroe for a couple hours. Put in at april marina and paddled out to the power lines. Water was a little choppy but not bad. Was my first time on conroe and i learned my lesson. The yak tracked a million times better then my 10ft pelican but it didnt track perfect. If your picky about tracking then it could benefit from a rudder. Its crazy stable. I can go from seating to standing no problem at all. It took wakes from the side from some of the wake board boats and never felt like it was going to throw me out even with the seat in the high position.
        Did a little fishing and got a cat but most my time was spent paddling the yak and keeping my head on a swivel for other boats. Its by no means fast but was faster then i expected for a 12 ft and wide yak

Comment

Finally got mine home and getting it set up[IMG]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160517/688a4547a8b5c453a4a24487b61706ad.jpg[/IMG

I'm using the throw bag as my anchor line bag attached to my anchor trolley that is kind of Jerry rigged without putting new holes in the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by neskora View Post
            I bumped an old thread up but figured I would inquire here as well. I'm headed to Goose Island SP this weekend and taking the kayaks. Anyone have any recommendations on general areas to fish?

Heard a lot of good things about GISP. Look at google earth and you see reefs to the north east, that would probably be a good place to start. Also I highly recommend for everyone to get Ray Crawfords wade and kayak fishing books.

I know he talks about GISP in his costal bend book

Comment

Fished the pierce marsh area this weekend caught 7 rat reds and a nice 18 inch flounder. First time in this area, lots of traffic but never felt crowded.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here is a picture of the first trip out.

Comment

Does anyone run a side mounted transducer set-up on their kayaks? I'm looking at getting a fish finder and wondering the best way to run it from a kayak.

Comment

I do. I can post pics this evening.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Wylde E View Post
                      Does anyone run a side mounted transducer set-up on their kayaks? I'm looking at getting a fish finder and wondering the best way to run it from a kayak.

Im planning on running the same set up. Im going to probably get the ram arm transducer mount but i have decided yet

Comment

What fish finder are you considering going with?

Comment

If you buy a Hummingbird Sonar then all you have to do is send in the transducer that comes with it and they will send you one that will mount in the scupper of the Ocean Kayak. That's what I did. Ocean Kayak and Hummingbird are owned by the same parent co. That is a cool color on yours for sure I like that. Put a rudder on it you will thank me later.

Comment

Hey texan4ut did you get my pm a while back about trolling motor...did you ever get any further on idea

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

What fish finder are you considering going with?

I want one with down imaging which is why i want a side mounted transducer instead of through hull. Im looking at the humminbird 197c di or the ray marine dragonfly

Comment

Yeah same here

Comment

Working...
                                X