Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
    Lol, the user name is actually from being a bass player in the Aggie band class of 01. Agbass01

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Class of 02 but graduated 03

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
      Class of 02 but graduated 03

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
      Class of 01 but graduated 03 lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Im selling a feel free lure 11.5 and some extras for a smoking price if anyone is interested!!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
          Im selling a feel free lure 11.5 and some extras for a smoking price if anyone is interested!!

Free? [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I may sell my kayak after the first of the year. The 2018 Pelican Catch 100 (Not a typo) will be mine!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

Haven't gotten around to puting it on TBHer yet but I have a wilderness system Ride 135 for sale.
              Plan on upgrading to a pedal kayak.

Here is the craigslist link if anyone is interested.

Comment

Just tried my first kayak fishing. Staying at a relatives in League City on Nassau bay. They have a couple of wilderness system tsunami140's.
                Went out and fished for reds/ specs around Nassau Bay Peninsula. Didn't catch anything but had a blast. Went about 2.7 miles total. Back to the pool and cold beer now.
                May try again in the morning. Anyone ever fish this area??

Comment

Hit Brushy Creek Lake Park tonight for 1.25 hours. .... then tapped out. Just too hot.

The only thing worse than my hook set tonight was my photography skills. I missed 2-3 bites and had one come off 1/2 way back to boat. All the misses were when my line was nearly vertical at the end of my retrieve, so they were probably deeper than I expected.

In the end, just 2 little guys plus 1 decent fish... but he had slight damage to a gill. I did not notice and rinse him, so the original photo was not forum friendly. Here is a cleaned up version.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Crazy morning on Lake Travis this am.

Kayaking alone, which only matters later in this story.

Pretty morning on the Lake.

Check out one of my favorite rocks to fish on, but come to find that Travis is at 90%. It is easily 6' out of the water.

Get to fishing and catch 4.

Bite slows down in the shallows and I decide to try the deep point across from Rivera Marina. I throw my anchor in close and drift into the deeper water. After a quick brain-fart and a slow motion scramble, I dump the kayak. CRAP!!!

Just diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff and a torn deltoid, so I dog paddle to shore and wade to my anchor. Drag the boat in and upright it to find my keys, wallet, cellphone, sunglasses, measure, scale, one rod and tackle are off the ledge. My console compartment was not closed properly and all contents dumped.

With no keys and no wallet, I start duck diving. Found everything in 20 or so dives.... excluding my sunglasses. Most if it was hanging on the drop off in 8-12' of water. Lucky for the clarity of Travis and that my fish scale shined brightly allowing me to find the debris field.

No harm, no foul. ... stay safe out there.

Last edited by howabouttheiris; 07-23-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Glad you caught some fish, but darn ruff morning.

Comment

I have a Sun dolphin 10' SOT that I use occasionally. It is not the most stable or practical but it was cheap and I can fish out of it. I have been looking at the Bateau.com site for a long time and they have a 13' "flats skiff" that might be just the thing for me. I have been wanting to build a boat for a while. My concern is this boat has a 38" beam and I was wondering if that would be too wide to paddle well. I think it would surely be very stable as the bottom is almost completely flat and wide but would too wide for a paddle boat?

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                          Glad you caught some fish, but darn ruff morning.
                          Ya.... probably should have stayed in bed this am.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                            Crazy morning on Lake Travis this am.

Kayaking alone, which only matters later in this story.

Pretty morning on the Lake.

Check out one of my favorite rocks to fish on, but come to find that Travis is at 90%. It is easily 6' out of the water
                            Get to fishing and catch 4.

Bite slows down in the shallows and I decide to try the deep point across from Rivera Marina. I throw my anchor in close and drift into the deeper water. After a quick brain-fart and a slow motion scramble, I dump the kayak. CRAP!!!

Just diagnosed with a torn rotator cuff and a torn deltoid, so I dog paddle to shore and wade to my anchor. Drag the boat in and upright it to find my keys, wallet, cellphone, sunglasses, measure, scale, one rod and tackle are off the ledge. My console compartment was not closed properly and all contents dumped.

With no keys and no wallet, I start duck diving. Found everything in 20 or so dives.... excluding my sunglasses. Most if it was hanging on the drop off in 8-12' of water. Lucky for the clarity of Travis and that my fish scale shined brightly allowing me to find the debris field.

No harm, no foul. ... stay safe out there.

Wow! Crazy day for sure! Glad you recovered most of your stuff!! Did you injure the shoulder on the yak?? Is it your bow shoulder?? Hope you heal up quick...

Comment

Hurt my shoulder in a slip n fall injury about a month ago while fly fishing.

It is my bow draw shoulder. Which is not great, but hoping to be good enough to shoot the Gtown qualifier and be fine for the season.

Grabbed some tie downs and floating cases today.

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                                I have a Sun dolphin 10' SOT that I use occasionally. It is not the most stable or practical but it was cheap and I can fish out of it. I have been looking at the Bateau.com site for a long time and they have a 13' "flats skiff" that might be just the thing for me. I have been wanting to build a boat for a while. My concern is this boat has a 38" beam and I was wondering if that would be too wide to paddle well. I think it would surely be very stable as the bottom is almost completely flat and wide but would too wide for a paddle boat?
                                You are going to have a hard time paddling a boat that wide and finding a paddle long enough that isnt going to cost more than the boat. Depenxing on your height, you will need at least a 260 cm paddle and they are hard to come by and usually $$$$. You may could get away with a SUP paddle. The flat bottom is going to make tracking difficult and the higher sides are going to catch wind bad.

It looks like a great boat if you plan to add a trolling motor, small outboard, etc though. Then you could use a SUP paddle or a push pole to manuver while fishing and use the motor to get to and from the launch.

If you want to build a good kayak, check out jemwatercraft.com. they have several SOT designs.

Also, check out the kayak building forum at texaskayakfisherman.com great group of guys and most have been building them for years. Had a guy bring one down the devils on a trip with us and it did better than our rotomolded boats

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Comment

Working...
                                X