No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Shane;12560972]They weren't biting like crazy this evening, but we had a great time.

Awesome pics and it looks like a fun fishing trip... What waterway is that??

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Outstanding!

Here is the video summary of our trip to the Animas River.

Family Overnight Paddle/Hammock Camp Animas River - YouTube
      Awesome video as always sir!

Looks like an awesome trip, I would love to do an overnight camping trip like that one of these days.

Comment

Thanks for the video Michael, I truly enjoyed it.

Comment

Last edited by CaptJack; 07-10-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

I'm doing a couple more little things to the kayak then it will be ready. Trying to get it all ready for the next coastal trip in two and a half weeks. During that trip I will shoot a mods and review video detailing what and how all the modifications were both fabricated and attached. Let me know if there is something specific you would like to see me cover.

Tight lines..

Michael

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              The Family Stolle paddled the S. Llano last weekend. Check out their epic weekend here...

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=652066
              We have kayaked and canoed the South Llano many of times. My friends from Junction have a big trip every 4th of July. 10 years ago when it started it was all canoes. Now its the exact opposite. We are making the trip again this Saturday. My wife and girls love it.

I started to shop for Kayak's, but quickly realized that it is not something you can do in a couple weeks. We are going to borrow a couple from Middleton and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                We have kayaked and canoed the South Llano many of times. My friends from Junction have a big trip every 4th of July. 10 years ago when it started it was all canoes. Now its the exact opposite. We are making the trip again this Saturday. My wife and girls love it.

I started to shop for Kayak's, but quickly realized that it is not something you can do in a couple weeks. We are going to borrow a couple from Middleton and go from there.
                That is very smart. No need to jump in and buy one just because the price is right or off what others may say. I wish now I would have tried different ones before I purchased!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Comment

What are your thoughts on this set up for indoor yak storage?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsPgD73jf1Y"] - YouTube[/ame]
                  Last edited by hopedale; 07-12-2017, 06:08 PM. Reason: trouble getting internal video to post.

Comment

Went out and spent about 3 hours this evening on the lake paddling and casting. Had a blast even though we didn't catch a single fish. There was one idiot on a jet ski on the lake with absolutely no courtesy whatsoever. The kiddo and I were floating along about 30 yards off shore and she came flying past about 30 feet from us... then in the part of the lake we ended up in to get away from the recreational boaters that started showing up, it's is completely a no wake zone and the idiot still kept at it. Had a couple of pretty rough moments but my little Field and Stream stayed upright (and me in it) so I was pretty impressed...

Comment

The family and I took our first trip on our kayaks. We floated the Guadalupe from FM311 to Rebecca Creek Road. Beautiful trip. I learned a lot. I have things we need to make it more enjoyable. All things considered, it was a blast!

Here is a quick compilation of clips. Nothing fancy, just something to document the outing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUfLnCUcJYE"]Kayakin' the Guadalupe from 311 to Rebecca Creek - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                        What are your thoughts on this set up for indoor yak storage?

- YouTube
                        The brackets and bungies work great. No idea what they were trying to do with the bow/stern ropes.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!

Comment

everything kayak

Has anyone put in at union grove park on Stillhouse? If so was there descent spots within paddling range?

Comment

Nice bass!

Comment

Been off the water for about 3 weeks, due to a slip n fall injury while fly fishing on the San Gabriel. Rain + crocs = rotator cuff tear and deltoid tear.

Finally got back on Brushy Creek Lake Park tonight for a couple hours. Couldn't paddle far, so ended up by the dam. Managed 6 total, with 3 ok bass and one at 19". Just glad to be back on the water. Padre surf this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                                Been off the water for about 3 weeks, due to a slip n fall injury while fly fishing on the San Gabriel. Rain + crocs = rotator cuff tear and deltoid tear.

Finally got back on Brushy Creek Lake Park tonight for a couple hours. Couldn't paddle far, so ended up by the dam. Managed 6 total, with 3 ok bass and one at 19". Just glad to be back on the water. Padre surf this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
                                Nice haul! I am headed out to Brushy Creek in the morning. Hope I can finally catch something.

Comment

Working...
                                X