everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
    I ask the question that was asked above.

I'm up around 300 lbs. How well would one of these fit me or I fit it? I would like to stand in it if at all possible.

Are the longer ones better for all round water, smooth, windy?

I don't live near Austin so I'm doing some research before I get real serious.

Thanks
    Go talk to the people at Austin Canoe and Kayak. If you're odd to Austin it's well worth the trip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm up around 300 lbs. How well would one of these fit me or I fit it? I would like to stand in it if at all possible.

Thanks
      Look into the perception striker 11.5, it is rated for around 550#, I have one.
      If you decide your interested give me a shout.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Did an overnight yakpack trip on the Animas River with the family yesterday and finished up today.

[ATTACH]860903[/ATTACH]

Video to come!

Mlooking forward to the video.. have reallly enjoyed your video productions s lot

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Colorado bound...
          [ATTACH]860416[/ATTACH]

Awesome!!!!

I like that rack idea. How about using chain like fence tubing with the corner adapters, then the 2 sections could. E connected with a top rail

Comment

Thanks
            Sorry, I thought you said you do live near Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by BonesandArrow View Post
              Can the back caster wheel be bought at Home Depot or somewhere other than a kayak store? I am looking for a cheaper version and not paying $46.

Im not sure it was on the yak when i bought it

Comment

Anybody kayak in galveston? I moved to the island a few months ago and take the yak out pretty regularly if anybody want to go with?

Comment

The kid and i went out to Lake Bardwell in Ennis today. Fish weren't biting, but it was our first trip out to "big water" .......had a blast, and got a pretty good workout.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                    I saw this one this morning and thought of you, Michael.

http://www.kayakfishmag.com/featured...for-immersion/

LOL! That's pretty spot on!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Has anyone done the Llano River? The general store does a guide service where you can use their yaks or your own. Curious what the river is like.

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                        Has anyone done the Llano River? The general store does a guide service where you can use their yaks or your own. Curious what the river is like.

We should plan a group trip in September! The hubby, kiddo and I want to go do something like this and the Llano river is beautiful but he's having back surgery Monday so will be out of commission a few weeks...

Comment

Just picked up a new Pescador Pro 12 from Academy. Really liking this boat. A lot of upgrades on it from the Sport model that I had before. Mainly the seat. Paddling 10 miles of the Brazos tomorrow am.......

Comment

Thanks
                            I'm around 290 and 6'4" and have had the same questions you now are asking. You'll need at least a 12' boat. Wider the better for a higher weight capacity. Also, take into consideration your weight plus the weight of whatever you'll have with you as the total weight towards the boat capacity. For instance, you weight 300lbs, 15lbs of fishing gear, 10lbs cooler and you are at 325lbs. Get a boat in the 375-400lb capacity range to leave yourself plenty of room....

Comment

I'd be interested in a group trip. Gotta break the new one in.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAg'13 View Post
                                I'd be interested in a group trip. Gotta break the new one in.

Oh my... that's pretty! I'm jealous!

Comment

Working...
                                X