No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's got either a Cuda HD, Coosa HD, Original Coosa, Mayfly or Diablo Amigo? Or tried any combination of the above and currently own one.

I'm trying to narrow down my selections. Requirements are I want to run it down the devils river, Outside of that, will mostly be used 90% on private ponds/small lakes, and occasionally for duck hunting the local WMA. Also, I have small kids, whom I want to experience the water. Torn between tandems or just buying a cheap secondary for them to play around in, while I get a dedicated rig for myself.

Comment

We have the Coosa and Coosa HD. Just got them but very comfortable and stable. I was throwing a 7 ft cast net of the HD. I bought the Coosa's for rivers and in particular the Devils
      Last edited by BrandonA; 04-20-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

What's a good fish finder for a kayak?

100-200$ range!

Comment

I bought a Garmin Echo bundle in that price range. Not the best but very portable

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
            I bought a Garmin Echo bundle in that price range. Not the best but very portable
            What is needed to install one? I have no idea!

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
              Some sort of Mount and a 12v battery ....you tube is your friend

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat00 View Post
                It comes in a carrying case and 12v battery. I just strapped it down in front of me.

Buy Garmin portable fishing kit with suction cup transducer mount, foam float, power cable, rechargeable battery and robust design.

I don't use mine any more since I upgrade to a HumminBird
                Last edited by 2050z; 04-20-2017, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Base, fish finder, and transducer. Also a soft case. All you need is 12v deer feeder battery. Used this one to find lots of fish.

Comment

Coosa is a great moving water boat. I bought one the year they came out. I can stand in it ok. The problem is on open water it will not track very well if its windy. I would look at the Coosa HD. I hear it tracks much better and will be more stable due to it being wider. If I every upgrade my paddle kayak I will probably look at the Coosa HD. I got a Hobie Outback so my Coosa only gets used on real shallow rivers that the Outback can't go.

Comment

Finally got all the wires tucked away.

Yak Power and Hobie wire kit.

Comment

Dang 205oz....that yak plus all the upgrades have you surpassed $2,000 in that thing?

Comment

Oh no not even close to 2k. Only thing left is $40 yak attack anchor trolley and rails

Comment

Finally got the yak wet for the first time in almost 2 years this morn. Hit a beaver pond on our lease. Fishing was slow compared to normal. Cold front plus high wind. Did manage about 15 bass, nothing over a lb or two. Had plenty of company. There were at least 2 dozen of these guys hanging out. Managed to corner and catch a baby. Released to fight another day!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Way cool.

Comment

Anybody want to hit lake lavon Saturday morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X