everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
    Welp, 2 casts in and the handle fell of my reel and went in the water. Guess this went from a fishing trip to just a paddling trip.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
    Dang...well on the bright side you get to buy a new reel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Danimal14 View Post
      Dang...well on the bright side you get to buy a new reel

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk
      Lol, yeah. This was a cheep one that I got for 5 year anniversary at work like 8 years ago, guess it served it's purpose. On the bright side I got a Shimano curado hand me down from my cousin coming next weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Added my HumminBird to my Ascend.

Comment

Ordered another Kaku Wahoo this afternoon. Should have it in a couple of weeks. Lime camo this time.

Comment

Friday night fish at Brushy Creek Lake Park. 1 decent fish (16") and 5 little guys. Bite really picked up at 8:30 when the sun dropped and caught 3 on 5 casts.

Lake Gtown tomorrow morning.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Does anyone know of a good kayak rental in the San Angelo area? If so which kayaks do they have for rent? I wanted to go visit my friends in the area and take my kayak and have them rent one for a day or two. It will probably just be for paddling on the lake and not for fishing unfortunately.

Comment

I said heck with it and went yesterday despite the howling wind. Went to the river as opposed to any lakes. Now granted I took my Outback so that it did make it easier but it still was a challenge. FYI fishing was a grind. The wind made me cuss. BUT, I caught these to make it worth the trip. Sometimes you got to say what the heck and go. Just make sure its safe conditions.

Comment

Wow nice hauls! That's a 6lber did you weigh them?

Comment

Just got back from a kayak trip with 2 of my boys on the Colorado river. We set out Friday from Bastrop and hit Smithville about 12 noon Saturday. We had a great time and the river was beautiful.

Comment

I just bought my first Kayak off of TBH...A Hobie 12pa....Haven't had a chance to get it wet yet but will soon. I am planning on hitting Ray Hubbard with it...I've never been on that lake so any help is greatly appreciated!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                        Wow nice hauls! That's a 6lber did you weigh them?
                        Tried to but think the batteries on my scales were going out. Wouldn't read a weight
                        I was guessing around 5 1/2 but I like your guess better

Comment

Originally posted by jvela23 View Post
                          Does anyone know of a good kayak rental in the San Angelo area? If so which kayaks do they have for rent? I wanted to go visit my friends in the area and take my kayak and have them rent one for a day or two. It will probably just be for paddling on the lake and not for fishing unfortunately.

Cole's army surplus on N Chadbourne st in downtown San Angelo rents out kayaks. Not sure of the price but I know they rent out yaks. At least they did about a year ago when I went in there

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                            Cole's army surplus on N Chadbourne st in downtown San Angelo rents out kayaks. Not sure of the price but I know they rent out yaks. At least they did about a year ago when I went in there
                            Appreciate the info, I'll be sure to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
                              Just got back from a kayak trip with 2 of my boys on the Colorado river. We set out Friday from Bastrop and hit Smithville about 12 noon Saturday. We had a great time and the river was beautiful.
                              Camp on the river bank that night? Is there a good spot to do so? I'd be interested in making that trip with the wife.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Adding this to my Ascend FS128T.

Comment

Working...
                                X