everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
    Thinking of buying a cpl of Ascends ...Any opinions ??
    Love the FS12t's I got for me and Colton. Very comfortable seat so you can float all day and be good. I have a crappy back and that is saying something. Won't be disappointed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just seeing all these yaks and now I am thinking I should sell my two Yaks, Ocean Kayak and Jackson Kayak and spend some money on a Hobie!

Comment

Just picked up a yak for the wife. Gonna get mine out this weekend and stretch her legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Nado View Post
          Just seeing all these yaks and now I am thinking I should sell my two Yaks, Ocean Kayak and Jackson Kayak and spend some money on a Hobie!
          You have no reverse with the Hobie. Check out Native Watercraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
            You have no reverse with the Hobie. Check out Native Watercraft.
            2017 Hobie have the 180 Mirage Drive. You flip a switch and go reverse.

Comment

I am all for kayaks and the business has supported my family for the last 6+ years.....but it has been amazing the evolution in the past 3 years to bigger wider elevated motorized kayaks....at some point you just got to step back and say..."**** I just need to get a real boat".

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                I am all for kayaks and the business has supported my family for the last 6+ years.....but it has been amazing the evolution in the past 3 years to bigger wider elevated motorized kayaks....at some point you just got to step back and say..."**** I just need to get a real boat".
                Agreed.

I'm just on the cusp of being too 'big' for a kayak. Trust me, I've had all the famous 'big boy' kayaks- Jackson Big Rig, Nucanoe Frontier 12, Malibu X-Factor, OK Drifter and BG2, and now I have a Hobie PA14. Even with the PA14 I feel like I dwarf the **** thing at 6'3" and 375lbs. (And yes I have tried the WS Ride 135, Attack, and Diablo- didn't like any of them)

On the horizon is the new Native Titan Propel, but I seriously find myself on the verge of just straight up buying a boat instead. I can't see myself realistically getting lower than 300lbs anytime soon, and even at that weight with gear I'd still be over operating capacity of just about every kayak in the market. I'll probably end up back at an X-Factor for quick river trips or just paddling for fun, and use the boat for fishing. I'll save the 'exercise' for the gym.

Comment

Not kayak fishing but we did use a kayak. ive always wanted to fish the surf so me and my buddy tried it last night. We paddled our bait out to about 130yards or so and not even 5 min after we dropped the lines i had a big hook up. Was using a ugly stick catfish rod that was no where near enough rod for the fish. Ended up pulling in my first ever redfish. Came out to right around 38" when the tail is pointed.

Comment

That's a beast nice catch! How long did it take to land it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                      That's a beast nice catch! How long did it take to land it?

About 20 minutes or so

Comment

@Roy that dern Titan shouldn't even be classified as a kayak but a paddle boat made by a kayak company. I posted on their YouTube channel they had the best duck hunting kayak in the Magic 14.5.

If that Titian ever grounds itself it's staying there, shudder at the thought of pulling that thing over mud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ACK Demo days coming -

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                            Not caught on my kayak but thought I would share. Meant to bring the yak to The Texans to fish his 9acre tank. Ended up just bank fishing and caught my PB. Of course, no scale on hand to weigh her... Caught on a top water frog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Can't be real. They don't eat frogs!!!

Nice one. Looks to be 13 lbs 9 ozs.

Comment

Kayaks are super awesome

Comment

Zach and I had a fun day on the South Llano. Caught several on our fly rods. Nothing big, but had a great time.

Comment

Working...
                                X