No announcement yet.

everything kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great trip and pictures! That sunrise is as good as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It was nice out today...ended up with 6
      [ATTACH]
      [ATTACH]
      Attached Files

Comment

Hard to believe but I just got my NuCanoe Frontier back that was stolen back in April. I spotted it while checking on fire wood prices at a place east of Round Rock which is 30 miles from my house where it was stolen. One of the wood cutters stole it from my welding shop after they were done clearing a lot down the road from me. I hope he likes his new residence.

I immediately took it out fishing. Caught nine but nothing over a couple pounds. It was nice to get back in my boat for a change.
        Attached Files

Comment

That's awesome, Bob! Glad you got it back.

Comment

Nice Draco so did u just call the cops? How did it go down?

Comment

Wow............that's great that you got it back! Hope the guy pays the price!

Comment

Awesome Draco, glad you got it back!

Comment

That was a nice surprise I bet...I'm sure it was nice to watch him squirm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats great news!! I bet you were Pumped when you spotted it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaycar85 View Post
                      Nice Draco so did u just call the cops? How did it go down?
                      When I saw the boat, I eased up closer to make absolutely sure. I talked to him about wood and prices and then left. I went to a store and called the detective I had talked to when I reported it. He came out himself with a uniformed officer as well. We went back but I stayed down the road until he went and talked to them. Then he called me and I went up and got the boat. It was an employee of his that stole it. He told the cops every thing about him. He apologized to me and even helped me load it. As I was tying it down he asked when I would be back to get some wood. I told him he probably lost that sale.

Comment

Yea, I'll be back..........tonight after your gone!

How did that guy not know it was stolen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

About to buy a couple kayaks for the wife and I. We will be using them for overnighters on rivers and day trips to salt too since we live in houston. We are in the planning stages of a devils river trip for next year too. I'm gravitating towards a jackson coosa HD for myslef and a cuda or the new cuda hd for her. Will those cudas perfor well on rivers like the devils where there are some rapids? whats y'alls thoughts on those boats? I'm worried that the coosa HD won't paddle well but they have made it better than the original coosa and seems like a good all around boat that will serve me well. I don't plan on fishing in too much wind in open waters, I had a bay boat that I got tired of doing that in. Buying a kayak involves more research than buying a new bow

Comment

Originally posted by Mossback View Post
                            About to buy a couple kayaks for the wife and I. We will be using them for overnighters on rivers and day trips to salt too since we live in houston. We are in the planning stages of a devils river trip for next year too. I'm gravitating towards a jackson coosa HD for myslef and a cuda or the new cuda hd for her. Will those cudas perfor well on rivers like the devils where there are some rapids? whats y'alls thoughts on those boats? I'm worried that the coosa HD won't paddle well but they have made it better than the original coosa and seems like a good all around boat that will serve me well. I don't plan on fishing in too much wind in open waters, I had a bay boat that I got tired of doing that in. Buying a kayak involves more research than buying a new bow

I feel like it's gotten to be cliche, but much like a bow, I would really try and find one to paddle, either a friends or at a demo day. Research will tell you a lot, but it's hard to really know what you're looking for having not paddled the kayak before. It's something that you're going to spend a couple thousand dollars on, and it's not worth the risk to spend all that money only to find there's something about the kayak that you don't care for. As many kayaks as they make nowadays, you can definitely find one that fits you perfectly.

If you're going to be doing mostly river trips, I would check out the diablo kayaks if you get a chance. Super stable and they're built to handle shallow water.

Comment

Mossback do you plan to do a lot of standing Or if you are not a big guy maybe cuda12? I was in the same boat I was looking hard at the old town predator mx which sounds like it will fit the bill. Yeah I went crazy looking at all the types of kayaks

Comment

Still have one for sale here in the classifieds.

Comment

Working...
                                X